We are Mythical Games. A venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are looking for a highly-skilled Senior Analytics Engineer with an ability to lead analytical experiences and oversee the underlying data pipelines/warehouses. In this role, you will work with multiple parts of the business, gathering requirements and implementing solutions to meet their analytic needs. This will involve everything from populating the data from multiple sources, to data warehouse modeling, to building customer-facing dashboards and reports to fulfill requirements.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and were continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather requirements from internal/external customers and design streamlined analytic experiences
- Build components of the Mythical Game Services Framework (game/marketplace/…) used by partner games and present them to appropriate stakeholders
- Create data models / integrations using our BigQuery data warehouse along with Looker's LookML modeling layer
- Design robust data pipelines to ensure required data is available in a data warehouse with a reliable cadence
- Remediate slow performing analytics (eg query optimization, data rollups)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
- 4+ years of professional experience in analytics and data pipelines/warehouses
- 4+ years of experience with SQL and a programming language (eg python)
- 3+ years of experience with data analysis tools such as Looker or Tableau
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud-based analytics tech (eg BigQuery, Airflow, dbt)
- Excellent communication skills
- Drive to learn and improve
- LookML Developer certification
- Google Cloud certifications
- Analytic industry experience with video games and marketplaces
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.