We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are actively seeking a Director, People Operations to join our growing People team. This is an exciting opportunity to identify, implement and manage our platforms, tools, health and well-being programs, people processes, immigration, and global expansion efforts including M&A. This position will report to the SVP, People and will lead the people operations team.
What you will do:
- You will identify, assess, recommend and implement all people systems including HRIS, engagement, analytic, and performance management tools. Own and coordinate people tech stack; optimize systems and tools and help them all talk to each other to improve efficiency.
- You will understand organizational needs and develop infrastructure, processes/policies, and workflows that are compliant, efficient, and scalable.
- You will lead all aspects of health and wellness programs including benefits administration. Develop strategies to drive employee awareness and understanding of all benefit programs. Work closely with our broker and their benefits administration group to ensure responsiveness and resolution of employee benefits issues.
- You will set the overall direction and drive the continuous enhancement of operations and systems capabilities in which to reduce manual processes, and create simple, compliant processes that scale.
- Establish plans for expanded service offerings and support across multiple countries as Mythical grows and matures. Perform regular business process reviews to ensure scalability and efficiency.
- You will lead and scale the People Operations team in support of Mythical’s growth.
- Create and evolve policy and best practices. Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws as well as internal guidelines.
- You will oversee and manage compliance programs and create a framework to track and audit compliance requirements.
- You will lead and oversee immigration activity, working with outside counsel and our immigration firm
- You will participate in M&A activity and lead people team aspects of due diligence.
- You will collaborate with People Business Partners and people team to facilitate the change management process after implementation of major process or systems changes
Example of People Team Projects you may lead/participate in:
- Implement new HRIS system
- Benefits GTM and communications
- Create, audit and update all Mythical people policies
- Contractor audit
- Onboarding reinvention
- Annual OKR/Goal Setting
- Mergers and acquisitions
- 8+ years of People Ops/HR experience; 3+ years in a People Operations Lead role
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing, start-up environment; you navigate ambiguity gracefully and create order out of chaos.
- You have worked with small to mid-sized companies and helping organizations scale quickly
- You have a deep understanding of employment law, compliance, coupled with the ability to gain a high level understanding of territorial employment customs and practices working with internal and external resources and partners
- You effectively communicate and problem solve at all levels of the organization
- You have experience working with benefits brokers and/or PEO/EOR to design and implement health and wellness programs that are cutting edge and competitive
- You have experience managing financial savings programs such as 401(k)
- You have experience identifying, implementing and managing HRIS
- You have experience with compliance and governance
- You have experience using People tools such as: Workday, BambooHR, CultureAmp, Fifteen5, Glint, Visier, etc.
- You have proficiency in Microsoft Office and GoogleSuite
- You have a roll-up your sleeves and figure it out attitude
- You have a people first and one-team mindset and you lead with compassion
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.