We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are actively seeking a Senior Director, People Business Partner to join our growing People team. This is an exciting opportunity to build, drive and manage people initiatives that are foundational to a stellar people experience.
This position will report to the SVP, People and will partner with our Chief Technology Officer and Chief Product Officer, and their teams.
What you will do:
- You will develop a deep understanding of the Mythical business, strategy, and your client groups and the people in them.
- You will build deep and trusting relationships with Mythical leaders, their teams and people teams
- Through understanding of business strategy and roadmap, you will define talent strategy with leaders to ensure successful execution of our Mythical goals.
- You will proactively engage with leaders on people strategy including key capabilities, organizational design, workforce planning and team dynamics and structure, with outcomes that reflect your thought leadership and Mythical values
- You will partner with leaders to understand current and future team goals, and industry trends that may impact team ability to deliver in the future.
- You will determine, guide, and organize complex change plans for client group(s). You will coach leaders on planning and communications related to change management programs, and working through organizational design to promote role clarity at the individual and team level. You will educate management and important partners on best practices in change management.
- You will assess leadership capability and readiness and make recommendation for development and advancement and support efforts through coaching
- You will lead efforts on talent planning, career planning and development and identify potential successors for important roles and leadership positions.
- In support of our values, beginning with “People First” and “One Team” you will support our Mythical culture, fostering a healthy, collaborative, inclusive, and fun workplace.
- You will oversee all employee relations issues for your client groups and partner with appropriate teams and resources to through to resolution
- You will lead your leaders and teams through talent management and rewards programs, making thoughtful recommendations aligned with overall talent strategy
- You will identify gaps hindering achievement of outcomes and ensure business is focused on solving issues. You will guide complex plans to improve organizational effectiveness.
- You will use various analytics tools to understand overall organizational make-up, and its health, and recommend and implement related action plans and programs.
- You will participate in our people “think tank”, applying curiosity and stepping outside of the box to think and dream big, and solution together.
Examples of People Team Projects you may lead/participate in:
- Talent Strategy and action plan
- DEI Strategy and action plan
- Job Family architecture and content
- Onboarding reinvention
- Annual OKR/Goal Setting
- Mergers and acquisitions
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and/or plus 12 or more years of progressive success as a senior strategic HR Business Partner and/or leader.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing, start-up environment; you navigate ambiguity gracefully and create order out of chaos.
- You have a deep curiosity about business and an uncanny ability to connect multiple complex parts, applying a People lens to your analysis
- Fluent in using data to derive insights and strategies to help Leaders make intelligent business decisions and drive focus on business goals
- Demonstrated capability in organizational development, change leadership, and overall talent management.
- Excellent change management skills - able to methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and build plans and communications
- Can balance compassion and toughness in coaching others.
- Experience navigating and influencing without direct authority across the people organization
- Experience with local employment law, coupled with the ability to gain a high level understanding of territorial employment customs and practices working with internal and external resources and partners
- You apply Growth mindset to people practices and marry possibility with execution
- You effectively communicate and problem solve at all levels of the organization
- You have experience using People tools such as: Workday, BambooHR, CultureAmp, Fifteen5, Glint, Visier, etc.
- You have proficiency in Microsoft Office and GoogleSuite
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.