We are Mythical Games, a next-generation game technology studio. We believe that true ownership of digital assets, verifiable scarcity, and integrated secondary markets will spawn a new generation of games. These new economies, based on digital ownership, will bring players, developers, and content creators closer to the games they love.
We are looking for a SVP, Platform Product to define, design, and manage the delivery our marketplace product offering, a core segment of Mythical’s business. The ideal candidate would be highly entrepreneurial, thrive on collaboration, and possess a holistic and deep understanding of what it takes to design and implement a highly functioning marketplace offering. This senior level leader will serve as a key business partner to the Executive Team, collaborating with cross-functional business leaders, and providing leadership for the marketplace strategy and it’s execution. This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and is an integral part of Mythical’s leadership team while overseeing the Platform product team. If you love building services related to gaming platforms, marketplace technology (including market-making, liquidity, or yield optimization) and new ways of using Blockchain technology as distributed ledger technology, we are looking for you!
- Define and execute the vision and strategy for our marketplace business and suite of services across our internal games, Mythical’s IVI Engine, our game development partners, and external marketplace partners.
- Inspirational leader with the ability to attract, develop and retain world class talent.
- Ensuring that the team is focused and on a strategy that aligns with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Have a unified strategy for supply, primary, and secondary markets to maximize effectiveness across all 3 markets.
- Support our internal game teams with economic and marketplace expertise, tools, and services that empower them to build innovative and profitable game economies.
- Drive the IVI Engine marketplace offering and suite of services for external game development partners to integrate into their games.
- Develop deep integrations with external marketplace partner ecosystem; and build out a global network of liquidity that allows players to buy and sell digital items no matter where they are located.
- Champion an evolving strategy to maximize yield and drive liquidity through various innovative techniques such as automated market making and cloud marketplace mechanics.
- Partner cross-functionally to collaborate on strategies that affect all areas of the business.
- Demonstrated track record of success designing or building large-scale ecommerce, exchange, or video game marketplace capabilities.
- Experience as a leader who can properly influence people, process and technology in a manner that enriches the company’s culture and overall performance.
- Highly adept and capable of building and maintaining trusting partnerships and relationships both internally across Mythical Games, our external partners, and with our customers.
- A successful track record of leadership and the ability to attract, develop and retain world class talent.
- Consummate team player, putting others before self, and actively engage stakeholders at all levels.
- Customer focused, both internal and external to the Company.
- Expert knowledge of data and insights-driven decision making.
- Self-driven: able to innovate, plan, and execute with autonomy.
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree; preferably with a background in computer science, economics, applied mathematics, or related field.
- MBA or equivalent degree with a background in computer science, economics, applied mathematics, or related field.
- High volume/transaction marketplace or blockchain experience.
- Interest in blockchain technologies.
- Have a passion for video games.
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.