We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are looking for a top-notch Game Systems Designer with experience building F2P game economies. This Senior-level position will implement and tune the in-game economy while optimizing user experience. You will utilize methodologies of economics, behavioral psychology, and business intelligence to strategically design and maintain a healthy play-to-earn game economy. The economic systems you will build and manage are core to game progression, reward payouts, and overall game economy balance.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience designing and balancing compelling content on live games. Interest in NFTs and F2P game design is a must. The candidate will need strong communication skills for presenting and championing their systems. They are responsible for the fidelity of their systems from concept to live ops. In addition, the candidate must actively utilize live data, prioritize feedback from multiple sources and incorporate this into revised balancing to improve economic KPIs.
- Deliver system design specs based on the game vision as set by the Lead Designer and Product Owners.
- Model, simulate, and tune the game's economy with multiple currencies, progression systems, sinks, and sources.
- Manage the presentation, communication, designs, and robust documentation of systems and economic tunings. Taking system designs from one-page concepts to live management.
- Knows all of the nitty-gritty details of their systems, bringing anyone up to speed and ensuring no fine points are missed.
- Coordinates with BI to analyze the many facets of the game economy; to optimize, iterate, and tune features and systems that they are responsible for.
- Keep up to date with market trends and do proactive analysis of economy tuning in relevant competitive products.
- 4+ years of game industry experience. 2+ years of experience designing F2P economic systems.
- 2+ years of experience with Unity.
- At least one F2P game shipped as a System Designer or similar role.
- High proficiency with Excel, Google Apps, Confluence, and JIRA.
- Ability to model and simulate planned changes, overall sinks, and sources while anticipating downstream effects with post-launch analysis to ensure expected outcomes are reached.
- Ability to reference and dissect mechanics, systems, and other elements from other F2P games.
- Proven record of creative problem solving; knows how to take systems from other games and translate examples into a solution for your project.
- Must be experienced with live data and understand how KPIs translate into design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to pitch complex ideas to a non-design audience and get buy-in.
- Takes accountability and ownership of system designs from start to finish.
- Problem solver, results-oriented, self-motivated and disciplined.
- Able to multi-task like a pro.
- Ability to take direction and feedback
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.