We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are actively seeking an experienced and dynamic External Development Lead to be responsible for discovering, managing, and facilitating external development engagements covering art, animation, cinematics, audio, UX/UI, engineering, and game development through consulting, events, and research. This role is also responsible for conducting due diligence on and managing Mythical’s external partners.
This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
- External Partner (vendor) Due Diligence: Conduct in-depth due diligence on potential new partners that provide art, animation, audio, cinematic, UX/UI, engineering, and game development (pc/mobile/console) services which will result in the publication of internal reports with analysis and recommendations for each company.
- External Partner Relationship Management: Manage a selection of Mythical’s Strategic Partners providing support to all studio disciplines (art, engineering, design, production, etc). This includes, but is not limited to, keeping abreast of their offerings, maintaining strong relations, conducting yearly performance evaluations, coaching, conducting onsite assessments, and helping them evolve and develop alongside Mythical’s external development needs.
- Consulting with internal Mythical teams: Work with Mythical’s development teams to consult with them on their art, engineering and other external development needs. Will involve helping them identify what can be done externally, find potential external partners, conduct tests, create RFPs, negotiate contracts, and help launch the engagement.
- Internal Partnership Management: Work with internal teams such as legal, security, and IT in setting up external partners for external development engagements.
- Process development and management: Ensure that the right processes are in place for managing and evaluating external partners and as necessary make enhancements or develop new tools.
- Dashboard Management:Manage Mythical’s external development /insourcing reporting efforts, as directed by Mythical’s executive team. Includes the development of executive level and operational level dashboards and analysis of data.
- 7 years+ experience working in the games industry and expert knowledge of the game development
- Global knowledge of worldwide developers and outsource companies that specialize in development areas such as Art, Engineering, etc.
- Minimum Bachelors' degree from an accredited college or University
- Passion for the games industry and outsourcing.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.