We are Mythical Games. A venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are seeking a Technical Product Manager, Game Services to join a growing cross-functional team of developers, and product leaders working to build a best-in-class marketplace for video game assets. The Sr. TPM, Platform & Services role at Mythical Games presents an opportunity for a highly-technical and detail-oriented Product Manager to take their career to the next level by joining the most exciting company at the intersection of Gaming, E-commerce, and Blockchain. As a key contributor to Mythical's Game Services team, you will be responsible for all ecommerce backend functionality, including catalog, inventory ingestion, matching engine, distribution, and state reconciliation. You will own the design of data pipelines and data services, metadata handling and cross-platform integrations. Your stakeholders will be game producers, game pm's, game designers, game developers, internal mythical products and other teams at Mythical that are utilizing Game Services
You will be expected to contribute to the long-term product vision and roadmap, and to bring rigor and focus to the planning and development effort. Communication and collaboration is a key function: This role will serve as the primary cross-functional liaison between technical developers, designers and various business stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have prior Technical Product Management experience in designing and implementing production services in a marketplace setting. You can prioritize trade-offs independently and work seamlessly with your counterparts in the team and across the org. You are a strong performer, willing to challenge the status quo and think outside of the box, with a passion for gaming.
This role will report to our VP of Engineering, Game Services.
- Help guide product definition, strategy, and long-term vision for Game Services and other internal services in close collaboration with a cross-functional team of engineers
- Gather requirements, translate those requirements into acceptance criteria, and deliver them to engineering
- Help with determining priority of work and relay that prioritization to the engineering teams
- Act as the central point of contact for all requests for feature enhancements
- Assist engineering teams in understanding acceptance criteria, scope and priority of work
- Write well structured and informative user stories
- Communicate effectively with senior management as well as with counterparts across the organization
- 2+ years of experience designing and building complex services and platform integrations
- Expert knowledge of API design and backend solutions
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and capable of providing specific solutions at each step of the process
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills: experience collaborating with engineers, product managers, and executives
- Track record of driving change based on persuasive communication of insights based on data and analysis
- Deep expertise presenting structured recommendations to senior executives
- Highly-organized with proven ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- A team player committed to delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with natural curiosity and investigative skills who takes ownership to drive results
- Experience with Jira or similar software
- High volume/transaction marketplace experience
- Interest in and proficiency with blockchain solutions
- Passion for video games
- Past work experience in both larger companies and startups
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.