We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are looking for a world-class Principal Game Economist to help Mythical Games define the future of blockchain-enabled games.
As the Principal Economy Designer, you will oversee, implement and tune the in-game economy while optimizing user experience. You will utilize methodologies of economics, behavioral psychology, and business intelligence to strategically design and maintain a healthy play-to-earn game economy (multi-platform). The economic systems you will build and manage are core to game progression, reward payouts, and overall game economy balance.
The actions we expect you to take will directly affect the rate at which our players and investors will engage with our NFT distribution systems and content. You will learn our systems inside and out and be able to manage the flow of currencies to increase various business metrics.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a cutting-edge company that is paving the way for blockchain-based gaming to become mainstream. You will have a passion for paving the way for crypto-based gaming economies and have experience with the traditional free-to-play gaming economies to liberate users from inflation-based, punitive economies.
- As a member of the Product team, you will own the in-game economy. You will collaborate closely with Product Managers, Producers, and Analysts to devise the strategy for our blockchain | NFT economy.
- You will model, simulate, and tune the game's economy with multiple currencies, progression systems, sinks and faucets
- Have a point of view on scarcity-based economy models to create genuinely groundbreaking gaming experiences while keeping positive progression and play-and-earn philosophies at the core of your designs
- Analyze the many facets of the game economy, player engagement, and monetization data at a macro and micro level, reporting on performance, identify issues and opportunities and suggest ways to optimize
- Keep up to date with market trends and do proactive analysis of economy tuning in relevant competitive products
- Participate in feature design, and provide feedback and observations from the perspective of the game economy, maximizing engagement and monetization opportunities
- 5+ years of game design experience with 3+ years focus on advanced economy design
- An avid gamer with a solid understanding of mobile games and other genres, while curious about the endless possibilities of blockchain and NFTs
- Knowledge of macro, microeconomics, pricing theory, and statistics, especially in the mobile gaming industry and/or live service-oriented products, with the ability to model problems into quantitative systems, formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game
- Ability to model and simulate planned changes, overall sinks, and sources while anticipating downstream effects with post-launch analysis to ensure expected outcomes are reached
- Extremely robust logical and analytical thinking with the ability to abstract and decompose complex systems and identify key relationships and levers that influence the outputs
- Experience building game features and economies, with an emphasis on designing and tuning parts that engage players and encourage monetization
- Detail-oriented and capable of providing specific solutions at each step of the process
- Advanced understanding of Excel, SQL, and/or Python
- Preferred R, SPSS, SAS, or other statistical analysis software competency
- Collaborative and excels in communicating with product managers, analysts, and executives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or another quantitative field
- Familiarity with the GCP suite, including BigQuery and Looker
- Experience using Monte Carlo and/or stochastic methods, such as the Metropolis-Hastings algorithm, Gibbs sampler, Markov processes, Lévy processes, etc.
- High volume secondary marketplace experience
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.