We are seeking an Associate Product Manager, Marketplace, to join a growing cross-functional team of quants, developers, and product leaders building a best-in-class marketplace platform for digital assets catering differently to both end-users and corporate partners. You will work on the core platform team that enables trades, payments, user, and blockchain inventory management on a marketplace
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of software systems and can take or create business objectives and break them down into concrete actions for engineering and design to execute on.
You will be interacting daily with engineering, design, site reliability, QA, compliance, legal, and finance to conceive a compelling product vision and drive it to delivery. You will then follow the product through its deployments, absorbing customer feedback and evaluating business metrics to define whether objectives were met.
You will work closely with a Senior Technical Product Manager and be responsible for delivering specific business objectives. The expectation is this hire quickly learns from top talent throughout the company and becomes a best-in-class class product manager, with many opportunities for growth as the company rapidly hires and expands.
- Setting the vision for a team, devising features to fulfill that vision, and breaking them down into concrete scopes of work
- Owning and defining product roadmaps based on company goals, customer (both B2B and B2C) feedback, engineering effort, and compliance reviews, amongst others
- Presenting and advocating for features and goals at all levels of the organization
- Evaluating tradeoffs and prioritizations across multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Writing detailed but digestible requirement documents and, when needed, external customer-facing documentation
- Evaluating make or integrate decisions and compare different options at the technical and business level, other than owning those integration technical relationship
- Setting and measuring goals for the platform concerning infrastructure performance (uptime, load handling, response time…)
- Working in a fast-paced, dynamic team working environment
- Relevant work experience in tech companies, preferably fintech or Saas product
- You have followed a product end to end from cradle to shipping to grave in a multifunctional role
- Experience in dealing with APIs, SDKs, and building products for developers
- Customer-facing experience with corporate customer
- Experience in integrating services from external providers and owning that relationship
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably Python or Java, and knowledge of general backend software architecture (databases, microservices, queues…)
- You can explain how blockchain and cryptocurrencies work
- Excellent communication across all mediums at the individual and group level (writing, presentations, verbal) and experience in presenting to large groups, including senior leadership
- Experience in agile methodologies and managing teamwork on Jira
- Experience in writing both internal and external (customer-facing) documentation
- Elevated personal and business empathy: you know why people and companies make certain decisions and can behave accordingly
- Knowledge of QA and bug reporting best practices
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Passion for financial services, blockchain, and gaming
- You can bring organization and clarity in an unstructured environment
- You are an independent self-starter, and you can prioritize your own work under little to no supervision
- You are detailed oriented and think through all scenarios and possibilities
- You think in MVPs and prioritize shipping often to get early community feedback
- You step into other roles if that means success for the product
- You are able to prioritize between many different conflicting priorities and appropriately communicate what you and your team are focusing on
- You are not afraid to ask questions, and you're not afraid to admit failures
- You do your research; if you encounter something you don't know about, the next day, you are familiar with it
- You'll want to be the first user of the products you'll work on
- You automate repetitive tasks so that you can use your time more efficiently
- You're comfortable working in a remote-first environment and traveling on short notice when needed
- Experience working in software products with at least hundreds of thousands of users
- Experience working in single-sided or dual-sided marketplace
- Knowledge of KYC, AML, and GDPR regulations
- You are a user of blockchain and crypto products
- Experience using design thinking methodologies
- Experience with data visualizations tools (Tableau, Looker…) and infrastructure observability tools (New Relic, Splunk, Datadog…)
- Experience in machine learning or data science
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.