We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are looking for a world-class Lead Product Manager to help Mythical define the future of blockchain-enabled games. You will build creative and sustainable ways to maximize the lifetime value of our players by leveraging best in class acquisition, engagement and monetization practices and adapting it to the blockchain world. We need a disciplined person who has a passion for games, and experience managing live game economies and events.
This role reports directly to the Executive Producer.
- Own Game Product Management for Blankos Block Party and drive towards monthly/quarterly strategic goals and targets. Communicate performance to all partners and recommend changes to designs/plans accordingly
- Measure the success of product features after release and optimize their performance through split-testing and rapid, data-informed iteration. Develop and test hypotheses to improve all game KPIs.
- Build a comprehensive, detailed plan for in-game events, including sales, promos, limited-time events, while altering configurations for repeating events to develop cadence and rhythm.
- Work with the game team and partners to gather requirements and determine the product roadmap that furthers the strategic vision of the product
- Leverage business intelligence, user analytics, and quant+qual analysis to monitor game health performance and identify and prioritize product features that increase player value
- Develop the economy and leverage data to detect, improve and balance the content rollout & features to maximize value while avoiding imbalances.
- Use data and user feedback to make regular adjustments to gameplay variables, in-game economy, and pricing to maximize the lifetime value of each user.
- Ensure that the game systems are built and optimized for acquisition, depth of monetization and sustained engagement.
- Work with partners to set goals and important results, partnering with producers and analysts to improve the experimentation roadmap and validation of the critical business questions.
- Research trends in our game regarding player behavior, ask thought-provoking questions, and identify opportunities to level up our own products and influence the product roadmap.
- Be the genre expert – build an understanding within the game team about competing titles, best in class mechanics and important product trends.
- Hire and build out the Product Management team in Blankos over time.
- Must be passionate about games & excited about working at the intersection of play-to-earn and blockchain games, effectively balancing the needs of technology, business, and user experience.
- 5+ years experience as a PM on a successful free-to-play product (i.e., PC, mobile, web)
- Expert understanding of system/feature designs and why they are in place to drive behavioral outcomes that marry to business goals.
- Experience developing and inputting to a bottoms-up & top-down approach to the P&L to ensure due diligence and business metrics are aligned with reality.
- Work with technical teams to design, implement and improve tools to optimize our service.
- Highly analytical with sound business judgment, able to clearly communicate “why” instead of just the “how” and the “what” to drive execution
- Strong team communicator with an ability to unite subject experts to take on complex problems.
- Great attention to detail coupled with the ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize competing needs versus deadlines.
- Experience hitting revenue/metric targets on a live game, ability to Identify obstacles and work through solutions and skilled identifying risks and making changes to the plan.
- Advanced Excel/Economy Modeling, Data Visualization, and Presentation skills
- Degree in Statistics / Economics / Finance (MBA preferred)
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.