The Product Manager, Platform Growth role at Mythical presents an opportunity for a growth-focused, customer-obsessed Product Manager to take their career to the next level by joining the most exciting company at the intersection of gaming, e-commerce, and blockchain. In this role, you will lead teams of engineers, quant economists, and designers to define the scope and manage the delivery of marketplace products and features supporting new content on the Mythical platform. The role offers an opportunity to interface with internal and external stakeholders while managing the product from launch to scale. As a key contributor to Mythical's Product team, you will be expected to develop and manage the long-term vision and roadmap for your products. In addition to owning the application of our proprietary solutions to new domains, you will be expected to help perfect and extend our platform’s functionality through continuous ideation. Communication and collaboration are key for this role: you will serve as a primary liaison between technical developers and business partners both internally and externally.
The ideal candidate will have prior marketplace Product Management experience and expertise in leveraging platform services to implement solutions for C2C and B2C customers. You are comfortable partnering with Business Development managers to facilitate, nurture, and grow key content partnerships. You should be a motivated collaborator, possessing breadth and depth in strategic thought and a strong understanding of marketplace dynamics and competitive positioning. You can prioritize trade-offs independently and work seamlessly with your counterparts in the team and across the org. You are a strong performer, willing to challenge the status quo and think outside of the box, with a passion for markets.
This role will report to our VP, Marketplace.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and are continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- You will guide the product definition, strategy, and delivery for primary and secondary marketplace products serving new content on Mythical’s platform
- Leverage our products and technology to build audience-specific solutions for our enterprise partners. Maintain a balance between custom and generalizable solutions.
- Build standalone white-label solutions while maintaining direct content and data integrations into the Mythical marketplace and intelligence ecosystem
- Serve as a key point of contact for content providers and other external stakeholders
- Manage a cross-functional team of engineers, economists, designers, and researchers
- Contribute to the strategic vision, product definition, and roadmap of the suite of Mythical products
- Support with the design and optimization of primary economies—Balance creative input with quantitative data to drive feature development.
- Own the scaling and content-specific application of marketplace systems and tools
- Run user research and data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Analyze content-specific marketplace economies, player engagement, retention, and monetization data at a macro and micro level. Report on performance, identify issues and opportunities and suggest ways to optimize
- Establish and measure success metrics prior to and post launch. Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into essential product decisions
- Communicate effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from design, engineering, and business backgrounds
- Academic degree and deep training in Economics, Statistics, Business, or Finance
- 3+ years of Product Management experience - designing and building large-scale e-commerce, exchange, or video game marketplace capabilities
- Experience shipping both B2B and B2C applications
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and capable of providing specific solutions at each step of the process
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills: experience collaborating with designers, product managers, and executives
- Experience working with data engineers, designing, and configuring APIs
- Comfortable gathering and analyzing data for reporting technical and business metrics
- Track record of driving change based on persuasive communication of insights based on the analysis
- Deep expertise in presenting structured recommendations to senior executives
- A team player committed to delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with natural curiosity and investigative skills who takes ownership to drive results
- Experience with B2B partnerships / business development / account management
- MBA with a strategy focus
- High volume/transaction marketplace experience
- Experience with blockchain and token economics
- Passion for games
- Technology or media experience
- Experience in both larger companies and startups
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.