We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Art Director to join our growing Marketing team and be based in either our Los Angeles, CA OR Seattle, WA office. The Marketing Art Director is responsible for the marketing art direction for our studio and game brands. The main part of your duties will be working with internal and external stakeholders to maintain and uphold the look and feel of our game IP as well as producing top-quality visual assets for them. You will be working on key art pieces, logos, trailers, typography, and whatever else might pop up. Your goal is to delight gamers and create hype for our games.
- Create top-notch marketing concepts that resonate with the target audience, for use across multiple marketing channels
- Lead the marketing art direction and be the ‘gatekeeper’ for all of our marketing materials
- Drive and oversee the development of the brand and visual identity of the studio and our games
- Manage the full cycle marketing art production process
- Research and document competitive trends in gaming, marketing
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external partners to coordinate the production and delivery of marketing materials
- Oversee and Execute Creative A/B Testing
- Execute Performance Analyses for Marketing Campaigns
- Identify and recommend new tools and technologies to improve content production
- Proactively track trends in design, user experience, and social media
- Own deliverables and initiatives with acute attention to craft and detail
- Constantly strive for better, more innovative solutions across marketing channels
- Hands-on creative development from concept to completion
- Skillful at delivering constructive and detailed paint over direction and feedback
- Extensive art direction leadership experience across industry-leading AAA games.
- An exceptional portfolio that exhibits personal and project artistic accomplishments.
- Ability to define an attractive vision for AAA titles, with exceptional visual and technical understanding in rendering and asset creation. Must have an eye for graphical quality and knowledge of techniques to achieve visual targets.
- Broad knowledge of all art disciplines including concept, character, animation, environment, VFX, UI, lighting, shading, and rendering.
- Strong communication/listening, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Passion for making and playing great games, demonstrating an awareness of current titles, genres, and industry trends.
- A desire to innovate and to go above and beyond in pursuit of excellence.
- A "roll up your sleeves" mindset to get any job done
- Design/Agency//Advertising or Studio background
- Passion for video games
Required Application Materials:
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)