We don't just hire account people, we train, improve, and help them grow. No matter where you are in your career you'll continue to learn and have an immediate impact at Mythic. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves and take on a new leadership challenge, join our growing team. We're looking for an Account Director with 10+ years of experience and a degree in marketing or advertising. Let's talk.
We are passionate about great ideas, and making them mean something even greater. Suddenly, the big idea is not “big” simply because it's cool or disruptive or clever. It's big because people embrace it and make it their own.
Our culture inspires us to Be More every day and is built on a set of unwavering core values.
Mythic believes all brands begin as ideas. We use meaning to turn the idea of a brand into a connection with people. A connection that stays with them and inspires action. When brands mean more, they can be more and ultimately be Mythic.
The ideal Account Director at Mythic is a highly passionate, collaborative, outgoing, creative oriented leader. A seasoned candidate will demonstrate the following responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide Strategic and Marketing Leadership
- Works with clients to uncover business needs and objectives, craft appropriate strategies, and identifies/implements products to help achieve client goals.
- Develop the importance of online marketing in the overall marketing mix.
- Create and interpret effective analysis to support marketing recommendations.
- Develop broad industry expertise.
- Build and Grow Client Relationships
- Understand clients’ business and generate new ideas to enhance client performance.
- Build trust, credibility and client referrals.
- Develop multi-tiered agency-client relationships and ties.
- Identify and cultivate organic growth business opportunities.
- Effectively Manage Team
- Manage a team of three to five marketing professionals.
- Foster teamwork and a constructive work environment.
- Provide team leadership that rewards creativity and positive career development opportunities.
- Manage Financial Performance
- Responsible for P&L management.
- Achieve client targets within the context of the underlying opportunity.
- Maintain or improve account profitability.
- Work with business development team to develop new client pitch proposals.
- Contribute to the Overall Agency
- Balance client demands with participation in broader agency initiatives.
- Support and live by agency core values.
- Participate in external & internal staff trainings; when attending external trainings be prepared to share learnings with the agency at large.
- 10+ years of related industry experience at an advertising agency or client company, multi-channel retail experience is a plus
- College degree required, MBA optional
- Demonstrated track record of client relationship development and service
- Prior employee management experience required
- Proven experience and ability to effectively present marketing campaign concepts and ideas to an audience
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written communication with internal and external clients
- Capable in developing and building teams — encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills — analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Ability to be assertive and take initiative
- Comfortable working with computers and technology
- High attention to detail
Mythic is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.