We are looking for a Post Production Manager to join our team to help guide projects through the post production and delivery process.
The Post Production Manager will work closely with editors, agency producers, directors, executive producers and vendors in order to schedule, QC and deliver work in its final stages. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Developing schedules for post production
- Assigning tasks to post production team based on capabilities and project scope
- Continuous and consistent communication with producers about current projects
- Communication with vendors such as music house, color studio, sound studio, freelance or contract editors and other creators
- Delivering and organizing final products to the agency producer, producer or agency team
- Developing and maintaining a process for post production and delivery of final files
- Organization and systems development + maintainance for better work flow and archiving of final files
- Some invoicing, billing, expense reconciliation
- Some budget estimating of post production related projects
- Oversee daily workflow and tasks to make sure deadlines are met
A solid understanding of how videos are made, preproduction, production and postproduction is essential. Organized scheduling and note taking during the process from start to finish is essential.
- Collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently
- Skilled in project management tool
- Organized note taking and scheduling ability
- Working knowledge of a video server and Premiere Pro
Required Education and Experience
- 6-8 years of experience in a post production environment at a production company or other
- BA, Associates degree or relevant experience
- Solid understanding of post production process, including experience making schedules, and communicating with clients and producers about the process
- Experience with 3D and 2D animation process
- Experience using an agency or team management platform
- Experience with dealing directly with outside vendors and freelance post resources
- Experience delivering final products for broadcast through 3rd party platforms like Extreme Reach
- Experience in converting finished files using Media Encoder or other software
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some activities will require the ability to lift equipment, carry cases and bend and move as necessary.
Though unlikely, this position may require some local, out-of-the-area and overnight travel.