We are looking for a Video Editor (VE) to join our growing team to edit video productions.
The VE will work closely with producers and production managers in order to complete a project for delivery to the highest possible standards. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Expertise with the video editing software Premier Pro
- Ability to manage and organize media and projects to ensure seamless transition from
- Ability to work with vendors to deliver necessary materials for the
- Ability to edit based on scripts and direction from producers or directors
- Staying up to date with industry trends
- Act as a PA or media manager on set, unloading camera cards and maintaining consistent file structure
A solid understanding of video editing software is essential. Understanding of the technology and terminology used in video production are mandatory. Ability to animate using After Effects of other programs is a plus. Ability to color using DaVinci Resolve is a plus. Ability to mix audio for broadcast is a plus.
- Collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently
- Skilled in editing on Adobe Premiere Pro
- Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, In Design and Photoshop a plus
Required Education and Experience
- 2-10 years of experience in a video production environment at a production company or freelance
- BA or Associates degree
- An exceptional on-line portfolio showcasing creative and high quality work
- Solid understanding of postproduction process, including experience working with a team to do color and sound design
- Experience finishing and delivering commercials for broadcast
- Experience with multiple conversions and formats for delivery
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some activities will require the ability to lift equipment, carry cases and bend and move as necessary.
No travel needed