We are currently looking for a motivated and experienced Data Engineer (m/f).
You will be part of a growing team focusing on data acquisition, processing and analytics at mytaxi. As a Data Engineer, you will contribute by building data applications based on a variety of technologies, including Hadoop, Kafka and Spark. Our goal is to build scalable and reliable solutions, provide knowledge from data and support decision making based on numbers. Mytaxi is operating in a fast paced environment, therefore we need to provide scalable and reliable solutions.
This role is specialising in building data based solutions for our internal services and users. Our goal is to derive and deliver knowledge from our data for the company. You will take part in designing solutions from the first draft until implementation on our Hadoop based Data Warehouse. Together with a team of Data Analysts and Data Scientists you will write Spring Applications, Python Data Pipelines or Kafka Streams to deliver a brand new Product for our company.
Tasks will include:
- Working with Hadoop technologies such as Hive, Spark, Kafka, Yarn
- Building data acquisition models in Java/Scala and Hadoop technologies
- Building and maintaining the ETL and other data pipelines with Airflow in Python and Hive
- Supporting the BI, Analytics and Data Science teams with data solutions and infrastructure
- Collaborate closely with data scientists to deploy and scale machine-learning and AI models into production
- Developing backend data driven software and products
- Support with analysis of large amounts of data, building complex data models or the extraction of data from our operational systems
- Contribute to data architecture and technology decisions with expert understanding of data engineering best practices
- Use modern software tooling for rapid development, integrated testing and high performance
- At least 3 years programming experience - Java, Python or Scala
- Experience building data-driven products
- Experience with data storage and processing at scale
- Experience with REST or Event-Streaming APIs
- Hadoop experience - Yarn, Hive, Presto, Tez, Orc, Spark
- Proficient in relational databases - data modeling and query optimization (PostgreSql is a plus)
- Practical experience with cloud technologies (Docker)
- Experience with writing production ready code
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Fluent proficiency in English
If you are passionate about data and you want to play an essential role in our future growth, you would be a perfect fit.
Who we are:
Help us build Europe's on demand transport giant!
mytaxi is the evolution of the hail - a free smartphone app which puts people just two taps away from a licensed taxi, and lets drivers get more passengers when they want them. We are the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 75 cities within 11 countries. A mytaxi hail is accepted around Europe every second from mytaxi’s network of over 120,000 drivers and more than ten million downloads.
As a subsidiary of Daimler, we're building Europe's leading taxi app today whilst shaping a future that will see new technologies and business models revolutionise urban mobility.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our 400 employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. You will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
Great learning and development opportunities through internal and external workshops
Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
Have your birthday off!
...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers, a chill-out room with a massage chair, a foosball table and many more
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!