You want to be part of the next step in the evolution of mytaxi into a global player in the ride hailing industry and the establishment of mytaxi’s role in the future of autonomous vehicle platforms?
Mytaxi is building up a data science team that is solving key problems relating to urban transportation. Therefore, we are keen on hiring a Data Scientist (m/f) for implementing and maintaining the models that enable mytaxi to predict the future.The role will be responsible for conceptualization, implementation and maintenance of data infrastructure with focus on deploying machine learning-based data products that are integrated into customer facing apps.
The team we are seeking to build will focus on the data behind core challenges in mobility markets including machine learning, demand prediction, surge pricing and other predictive analysis required for the upcoming challenges.
We are looking for individuals with a blend of statistical modelling, analytical, mathematical, technical and engineering skills for a new team. The primary focus will be to build prediction systems that make use of a variety of data inputs to be integrated into various products across different systems.
- You will identify, understand, structure and solve complex problems in the prediction of demands and supplies in the fast-moving world of urban mobility
- Develop production ready prediction tools used in a variety of processes to help move drivers and passengers through cities more efficiently
- You contribute to the definition of processes and models for a deep understanding of data in a growing variety of market environments leading to the projection of future developments
- You will work closely with various stakeholders across Europe from Product, Tech, BI and Data Engineering Teams
You are a problem solver, detail-oriented and self-motivated who thrives in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment, combining technical, product, business and leadership perspectives. Further key aspects of your profile are:
- At least 3 years experience in working with complex data models
- Advanced University degree in Maths, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- Experience in mobility markets is a plus
- Your love to numbers in combination with your excellent communication skills enable you to transport complex messages in simple words
- You hold experience in machine learning, statistical analysis and predictive modelling in business environments
- Experience with Tensorflow, Caffe, mxnet or similar
- You are experienced in Hive, SQL, R, Python, Spark, Scala as well as in in working with RestAPIs
- Experienced in manipulating big data sets and working in the environment of large and complex data structures
- It is in your nature to identify challenges directly and perceive them to be opportunities for the conceptualization and creation of solutions
- As a team player, you keep up high standards of communication and your sense of humor even in demanding and fast-moving situations
- Fluent Proficiency in Business English, German is a plus
- your passion about implementing advanced analytics and the will to play an essential role in the future of urban transport, make you a perfect fit
Who we are:
With over 10 million downloads and 100,000 taxi drivers, mytaxi is the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 50 cities within 9 European countries. We provide the direct connection between passenger and driver. Our vision: Create everyday magic in city movement.
As a subsidiary of Daimler, our plan is to expand and revolutionise the taxi market. Currently, mytaxi has over 400 highly motivated and extremely talented employees who are helping to create simple, data and technology driven solutions for the future.
Our benefits for you:
mytaxi encourages a strong team spirit and simple company culture. Our teams organise themselves in established agile working environments. People at mytaxi work flexibly and independently. Every single employee is a part of our success story and so, open communication and a fair feedback culture come naturally to us. We are passionate problem-solvers who listen and understand before we act. By working together – with each other, customers, drivers and cities - we make things better. Besides a lot of fun and potential to make a real difference, you will have the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!