You want to be part of the next step in the evolution of mytaxi in the ride hailing industry and the establishment of mytaxi’s role in the future?
Mytaxi is building up a data science team that is solving key problems relating to urban transportation. Therefore, we are keen on hiring a Data Scientist (m/f) for implementing and maintaining the models that enable mytaxi to predict the future.The role will be responsible for conceptualization, implementation and maintenance of data infrastructure with focus on deploying machine learning-based data products that are integrated into customer facing apps.
The team we are seeking to build will focus on the data behind core challenges in mobility markets including machine learning, demand prediction, surge pricing and other predictive analysis required for the upcoming challenges.
We are looking for individuals with a blend of statistical modelling, analytical, mathematical, technical and engineering skills for a new team. The primary focus will be to build prediction systems that make use of a variety of data inputs to be integrated into various products across different systems.
- You will identify, understand, structure and solve complex problems in the prediction of demands and supplies in the fast-moving world of urban mobility
- Develop production ready prediction tools used in a variety of processes to help move drivers and passengers through cities more efficiently
- You contribute to the definition of processes and models for a deep understanding of data in a growing variety of market environments leading to the projection of future developments
- You will work closely with various stakeholders across Europe from Product, Tech, BI and Data Engineering Teams
You are a problem solver, detail-oriented and self-motivated who thrives in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment, combining technical, product, business and leadership perspectives. Further key aspects of your profile are:
- At least 3 years experience in working with complex data models
- Advanced University degree in Maths, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- Experience in mobility markets is a plus
- Your love to numbers in combination with your excellent communication skills enable you to transport complex messages in simple words
- You hold experience in machine learning, statistical analysis and predictive modelling in business environments
- Experience with Tensorflow, Caffe, mxnet or similar
- You are experienced in Hive, SQL, R, Python, Spark, Scala as well as in in working with RestAPIs
- Experienced in manipulating big data sets and working in the environment of large and complex data structures
- It is in your nature to identify challenges directly and perceive them to be opportunities for the conceptualization and creation of solutions
- As a team player, you keep up high standards of communication and your sense of humor even in demanding and fast-moving situations
- Fluent Proficiency in Business English, German is a plus
- your passion about implementing advanced analytics and the will to play an essential role in the future of urban transport, make you a perfect fit
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With over 10 million downloads and 120,000 registered taxi drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 70 cities in eleven European and two South American countries. With more than 500 employees in the whole entity, mytaxi spans across UK, Germany, Ireland, Austria, Poland, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, Greece, Romania, Peru and Chile.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been a subsidiary of the Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced the merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step to become the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. In February 2017 mytaxi announced the acquisition of Beat (previously Taxibeat), the leading taxi app in Greece. With Beat, mytaxi also moved into South America for the first time and is now active in Peru and Chile. In June 2017 mytaxi also announced the acquisition of Clever Taxi, the leading taxi app in Romania. Andrew Pinnington is the CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!