Do you want to proactively contribute to designing the future of mobility? Are you interested in optimising and developing a key component of the mytaxi business in a challenging role with a lot of responsibility? If the answer is yes, then we have the right role for you. As Tribe Lead (f/m) at mytaxi, you are the responsible for the product development and coordination of new feature implementation across different product teams working on the mytaxi Passenger products - the core customer-facing assets of the mytaxi business. Your work will contribute directly to the ongoing success and growth of mytaxi in one of the most dynamic market environments of our times. As tribe lead, you’ll lead the product owners in your tribe as they tackle new challenges to build products our customers love, creating everyday magic in modern urban transportation.
- You will be responsible for the highly-motivated Product Owners in your tribe and facilitate a productive working environment, with a vast variety of challenges and tasks.
- You will motivate your team by proactively and transparently leading them through the dynamic challenges of the mobility industry .
- You will be responsible for product development from conceptualization, iterative roadmapping, planning and development to after-sales and maintenance of the mytaxi Passenger App and additional customer-facing products.
- You will report to the Head of Product in the conceptualization and implementation of the product strategy and vision in close collaboration with Product Owners, and act as the interface between product teams and management.
- You will be the ambassador of the Passenger Tribe and represent it towards the entire organisation and management. You will manage the vastly dynamic requirements imposed on product development from the globally-expanding mytaxi business.
- You will support Product Owners and Managers working closely with development teams and mediate between technical, UX/UI and business matters, being able to represent every stakeholder perspective.
- You will develop, review, pitch and communicate business models and plans across teams and throughout the company in order to realize maximum potential of Passenger products and product-based campaigns.
You are a problem solver, detail-oriented and self-motivated who thrives in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment. Further key aspects of your profile are:
- University degree in Informatics, economics or engineering management is beneficial.
- Several years of experience in disciplinary and professional leadership in IT environments, highly developed skills in the management of yourself and others.
- For you, high-quality, transparent leadership is a value in itself and you understand it to be a proactive process which forms the success and potential of a company and its members.
- You perceive the character traits and potential of employees intuitively and are able to develop individual solutions and perspectives for their personal and professional advancement with them in alignment with business strategic and structural progress.
- You are an empathic communicator, can motivate your team as well as understand the needs and perspectives of your colleagues.
- You will be a fast learner with the, ability to adapt to fast-paced dynamic organizational and market environments and be able to embrace and proactively design change.
- Substantial experience in software product management, you can demonstrate team management, skill in product prioritisation, creating roadmaps and product delivery.
- Expertise in the field of mobility markets would be preferred, but is not required
- You conceive immediately what makes a product successful and can conceptualize pragmatic solutions.
- You are eager to develop products our Passengers love.
- You hold profound expertise in different procedure models of software development - especially Scrum and Kanban.
- You are open to trying out new things and are driven to optimize products and processes alike.
- It is in your nature to identify challenges directly.
- As a team player, you have strong communication skills and your maintain a sense of humor even in demanding and fast-moving situations.
- Fluent proficiency in English is essential, German would be a bonus.
Who we are:
mytaxi is the evolution of the hail - a free smartphone app which puts people just two taps away from a licensed taxi, and lets drivers get more passengers when they want them. We are the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 75 cities within 11 countries. A mytaxi hail is accepted around Europe every second from mytaxi’s network of over 120,000 drivers and more than ten million downloads.
We're building Europe's leading taxi app today whilst shaping a future that will see new technologies and business models revolutionise urban mobility.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned operators for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. mytaxi has a fast paced technology team of around 100 based in Hamburg and Barcelona. The team is routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. You will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in their creative and fun environment.
We're seeking new team members who can engage and empathise with our users. All of our developers are agile and able to move up and down the software stack, building the capability to support a world class product used daily by more than a million people.
Our benefits for you:
mytaxi encourages a strong team spirit and simple company culture. Our teams organise themselves in established agile working environments. People at mytaxi work flexibly and independently. Every single employee is a part of our success story and so, open communication and a fair feedback culture come naturally to us. We are passionate problem-solvers who listen and understand before we act. By working together – with each other, customers, drivers and cities - we make things better. Besides a lot of fun and potential to make a real difference, you will have the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!