Do you want to proactively contribute to designing the future of mobility? Are you interested in optimising and developing a key component of the mytaxi business in a challenging role with a lot of responsibility? If the answer is yes, then we have the right role for you. As Tribe Lead (f/m) at mytaxi, you are the responsible for the product development and coordination of new feature implementation across different product teams working on the mytaxi Passenger products - the core customer-facing assets of the mytaxi business. Your work will contribute directly to the ongoing success and growth of mytaxi in one of the most dynamic market environments of our times. As tribe lead, you’ll lead the product owners in your tribe as they tackle new challenges to build products our customers love, creating everyday magic in modern urban transportation.
- You will be responsible for the highly-motivated Product Owners in your tribe and facilitate a productive working environment, with a vast variety of challenges and tasks.
- You will motivate your team by proactively and transparently leading them through the dynamic challenges of the mobility industry .
- You will be responsible for product development from conceptualization, iterative roadmapping, planning and development to after-sales and maintenance of the mytaxi Passenger App and additional customer-facing products.
- You will report to the Head of Product in the conceptualization and implementation of the product strategy and vision in close collaboration with Product Owners, and act as the interface between product teams and management.
- You will be the ambassador of the Passenger Tribe and represent it towards the entire organisation and management. You will manage the vastly dynamic requirements imposed on product development from the globally-expanding mytaxi business.
- You will support Product Owners and Managers working closely with development teams and mediate between technical, UX/UI and business matters, being able to represent every stakeholder perspective.
- You will develop, review, pitch and communicate business models and plans across teams and throughout the company in order to realize maximum potential of Passenger products and product-based campaigns.
You are a problem solver, detail-oriented and self-motivated who thrives in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment. Further key aspects of your profile are:
- University degree in Informatics, economics or engineering management is beneficial.
- Several years of experience in disciplinary and professional leadership in IT environments, highly developed skills in the management of yourself and others.
- For you, high-quality, transparent leadership is a value in itself and you understand it to be a proactive process which forms the success and potential of a company and its members.
- You perceive the character traits and potential of employees intuitively and are able to develop individual solutions and perspectives for their personal and professional advancement with them in alignment with business strategic and structural progress.
- You are an empathic communicator, can motivate your team as well as understand the needs and perspectives of your colleagues.
- You will be a fast learner with the, ability to adapt to fast-paced dynamic organizational and market environments and be able to embrace and proactively design change.
- Substantial experience in software product management, you can demonstrate team management, skill in product prioritisation, creating roadmaps and product delivery.
- Expertise in the field of mobility markets would be preferred, but is not required
- You conceive immediately what makes a product successful and can conceptualize pragmatic solutions.
- You are eager to develop products our Passengers love.
- You hold profound expertise in different procedure models of software development - especially Scrum and Kanban.
- You are open to trying out new things and are driven to optimize products and processes alike.
- It is in your nature to identify challenges directly.
- As a team player, you have strong communication skills and your maintain a sense of humor even in demanding and fast-moving situations.
- Fluent proficiency in English is essential, German would be a bonus.
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With over 10 million downloads and 120,000 registered taxi drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 70 cities in eleven European and two South American countries. With more than 500 employees in the whole entity, mytaxi spans across UK, Germany, Ireland, Austria, Poland, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, Greece, Romania, Peru and Chile.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been a subsidiary of the Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced the merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step to become the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. In February 2017 mytaxi announced the acquisition of Beat (previously Taxibeat), the leading taxi app in Greece. With Beat, mytaxi also moved into South America for the first time and is now active in Peru and Chile. In June 2017 mytaxi also announced the acquisition of Clever Taxi, the leading taxi app in Romania. Andrew Pinnington is the CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!