Would you like to be a part of designing the future of urban mobility? Are you interested in optimising and developing a key component of the mytaxi business in a challenging role with a lot of responsibility? If the answer is yes, then we have the right role for you. As Head of Data Department at mytaxi you will be responsible for coordinating and leading the Data Science departments including Data Engineering and BI and Analytics as well as building and maintaining the necessary infrastructure to understand the data behind the largest taxi e-hailing business in Europe. To succeed, you will need to build up a team while focusing on cutting-edge technology enabling mytaxi to live up to the requirements of the mobility world of tomorrow. Your work will contribute directly to the ongoing success and growth of mytaxi in one of the most dynamic and exciting market environments of our times.
- You will be disciplinarily and professionally responsible for a team of BI Analysts, Data Scientists and Developers and take care of the set-up and maintenance of productive working preconditions with a variety of challenges, stakeholders and task settings
- One of your core tasks will be the creation and management of a new Data Science Division focusing on the integration of technologies in the fields of predictive analytics, machine learning and AI in order to develop the capabilities in an environment of self-driving cars and other future mobility challenges
- You will support Product and Operations departments by providing the analytical foundation for mastering strategic challenges and mediate between technical, market and business matters being able to represent every stake-holding perspective
- You will develop, review, pitch quantitative statistic-based data and business models and plans across teams and departments in order to maximise product benefits and product-based campaigns
- You motivate your team by proactively and transparently lead them through the dynamic challenges of the mobility markets of the future
- You will be responsible for layout and implementation of the structures and processes necessary for the successful development of the Business Intelligence Unit as core asset of the fast-growing mytaxi company as well as the extension and diversification of BI resources and capabilities
- You report directly to the CPO in the conceptualization and implementation of analytic and predictive infrastructures and processes in close collaboration with Analysts, Data Scientists and BI Developers, and act as the responsible interface between BI teams and senior management
- You will act as the ambassador of the Business Intelligence Unit at mytaxi as you manage the dynamic requirements imposed on data analysis and prediction from the business
You are a problem solver, detail-oriented and self-motivated who thrives in a fast-paced, ever evolving industry. Further key aspects of your profile are:
- Advanced University degree (M.Sc. or Phd.) in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- You hold profound expertise in the conceptualization, design and implementation of tracking and reporting systems and KPI systems
- You are experienced in Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics enabling you to conceptualize and implement algorithms and systems capable of predicting future demand and other market behavior developments
- Strong ability in processing, organizing, visualising, interpreting and communicating complex data, highly-developed skills in roadmap planning, project management and anticipation of future developments
- Several years of experience in disciplinary and professional leadership in IT environments, highly developed skills in the management of yourself and others
- You conceive patterns in large and complex data sets with ease, identify the underlying challenges and mechanisms and can conceptualize pragmatic solutions to answer them
- For you, high-quality, transparent leadership is a value in itself and you understand it to be a proactive process which forms the success and potential of a company and its members
- You perceive the character traits and potential of employees intuitively and are able to develop individual solutions and perspectives for their personal and professional advancement with them in alignment with business strategic and structural progress
- You are an empathic communicator, can motivate your team as well as understand needs and perspectives of your colleagues
- Fast apprehension, ability to adapt to fast-paced dynamic organizational and market environments together with the ability to embrace and proactively design change
- You are open to trying out new things and are driven to optimize products and processes alike
- As a team player, you keep up high standards of communication and your sense of humor even in demanding and fast-moving situations
- Expertise in the field of mobility markets would be perfect.
- Fluent proficiency in English is vital, German is a bonus but not required
Who we are:
mytaxi is the evolution of the hail - a free smartphone app which puts people just two taps away from a licensed taxi, and lets drivers get more passengers when they want them. We are the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 75 cities within 11 countries. A mytaxi hail is accepted around Europe every second from mytaxi’s network of over 120,000 drivers and more than ten million downloads.
We're building Europe's leading taxi app today whilst shaping a future that will see new technologies and business models revolutionise urban mobility.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned operators for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. mytaxi has a fast paced technology team of around 100 based in Hamburg and Barcelona. The team is routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. You will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in their creative and fun environment.
We're seeking new team members who can engage and empathise with our users. All of our developers are agile and able to move up and down the software stack, building the capability to support a world class product used daily by more than a million people.
Our benefits for you:
mytaxi encourages a strong team spirit and simple company culture. Our teams organise themselves in established agile working environments. People at mytaxi work flexibly and independently. Every single employee is a part of our success story and so, open communication and a fair feedback culture come naturally to us. We are passionate problem-solvers who listen and understand before we act. By working together – with each other, customers, drivers and cities - we make things better. Besides a lot of fun and potential to make a real difference, you will have the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!