As of now we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Engineering Lead (m/f) for our Passenger App .
What are your responsibilities:
- You are the technological and disciplinary lead of the passenger app development teams
- You are responsible for currently at least two agile development teams
- You will lead your Lead Developer and Scrum Master as well as their iOS-, Android and backend developer, overall more than 20 people
- You will scale up your teams from currently around 20 to 40-50 people
- You work independent and are responsible for the continuous functional and personal development of the team members (e.g. through regular feedback talks) as well as the expansion of your teams
- In close collaboration with your Lead Developers and the other Team Leads you develop personal development strategies
- You are responsible for the selection and recruitment of new employees together with the IT recruitment
- Close collaboration with the IT-Recruitment (University cooperations, Meetups, etc.)
- Steady optimization of our knowledge management between different teams
- Proactive expansion of our work processes
These are your qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science or similar background
- At least 6 years of experience in (disciplinary and technical) leadership of employees
- It is in your nature to identify challenges directly
- Knowledge in mentoring and training of employees
- You have strong communication and motivational skills
- Experience in selecting new employees (conception of tests, conducting a job interview, etc.)
- In several years of agile software development you had the chance to proof your hands-on mentality already
- Fluent proficiency in English, German desirable
- In several years of agile software development, you could proof your hands-on mentality
You are a perfect fit if your team is the centre of your attention. Through your previous experience, empathy and instinct you constantly develop your team further. You are a sympathetic listener and are willing to help your teams to self-organize. Your self-concept is that of a "servant leader”, you lead farsighted and always strike the right chord. We search for a motivated leader who technically has his finger on the pulse of current affairs.
Who we are:
Help us build Europe's on demand transport giant!
mytaxi is the evolution of the hail - a free smartphone app which puts people just two taps away from a licensed taxi, and lets drivers get more passengers when they want them. We are the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 75 cities within 11 countries. A mytaxi hail is accepted around Europe every second from mytaxi’s network of over 120,000 drivers and more than ten million downloads.
We're building Europe's leading taxi app today whilst shaping a future that will see new technologies and business models revolutionise urban mobility.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our 400 employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. You will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
Great learning and development opportunities through internal and external workshops
Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
Have your birthday off!
...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers, gym for free, a chill-out room with a massage chair, a foosball table and many more
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!