As of now we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Engineering Lead (m/f) for our Passenger App .
What are your responsibilities:
- You are the technological and disciplinary lead of the passenger app development teams
- You are responsible for currently at least two agile development teams
- You will lead your Lead Developer and Scrum Master as well as their iOS-, Android and backend developer, overall more than 20 people
- You will scale up your teams from currently around 20 to 40-50 people
- You work independent and are responsible for the continuous functional and personal development of the team members (e.g. through regular feedback talks) as well as the expansion of your teams
- In close collaboration with your Lead Developers and the other Team Leads you develop personal development strategies
- You are responsible for the selection and recruitment of new employees together with the IT recruitment
- Close collaboration with the IT-Recruitment (University cooperations, Meetups, etc.)
- Steady optimization of our knowledge management between different teams
- Proactive expansion of our work processes
These are your qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science or similar background
- At least 6 years of experience in (disciplinary and technical) leadership of employees
- It is in your nature to identify challenges directly
- Knowledge in mentoring and training of employees
- You have strong communication and motivational skills
- Experience in selecting new employees (conception of tests, conducting a job interview, etc.)
- In several years of agile software development you had the chance to proof your hands-on mentality already
- Fluent proficiency in English, German desirable
- In several years of agile software development, you could proof your hands-on mentality
- Experience in an international company or team away from your home country is a plus
You are a perfect fit if your team is the centre of your attention. Through your previous experience, empathy and instinct you constantly develop your team further. You are a sympathetic listener and are willing to help your teams to self-organize. Your self-concept is that of a "servant leader”, you lead farsighted and always strike the right chord. We search for a motivated leader who technically has his finger on the pulse of current affairs.
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi is the evolution of the hail since 2009 - the free smartphone app was the world's first taxi app that put people just two taps away from a licensed taxi, and provides a direct connection between passengers and drivers. We are today the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 70 cities within 11 countries. A mytaxi hail is accepted around Europe every second from mytaxi’s network of over 120,000 drivers and more than ten million downloads. With more than 500 employees mytaxi spans across Germany, UK, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Poland, Spain, Austria, Portugal, Sweden, Romania, Peru and Chile.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been a subsidiary of the Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). After the merger with Hailo in July 2016 and the acquisitions of the leading taxi-app providers from Greece (Beat) and Romania (Clever), we're building Europe's leading taxi app today whilst shaping a future that will see new technologies and business models revolutionise urban mobility.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers, gym for free, a chill-out room with a massage chair, a foosball table and many more
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!