Do you want to proactively contribute to designing the future of mobility? Are you interested in optimising and developing a key component of the mytaxi business in a challenging role with a lot of responsibility? If the answer is yes, then we have the right role for you. As Head of Product (m/f) you are responsible for the product development and coordination of new feature implementation in the mytaxi products. Your work will contribute directly to the ongoing success and growth of mytaxi in one of the most dynamic market environments of our times.
- You will be disciplinarily and professionally responsible for a highly-motivated team of Product Owners and Managers and take care of the set-up and maintenance of productive working preconditions with a vast variety of challenges and task settings
- You motivate your team by proactively and transparently lead them through the dynamic challenges of the mobility markets of the future
- You will organize and design the preconditions for the success of a holistic, divisional product management unit with a variety of products, customer groups, internal stakeholders and external partners
- Your responsibilities in the organization of mytaxi product development reach from ideation over iterative roadmapping, planning and development to after-sales and maintenance of every mytaxi product
- You report directly to the CPO in the conceptualization and implementation of the product strategy and vision in close collaboration with Product Owners and Managers, and act as the responsible interface between product teams and senior management
- You will be responsible for layout and implementation of the structures and processes necessary for the successful development of the product management unit as core asset of the fast-growing mytaxi company and product family in highly-dynamic market environments as well as the extension and diversification of product resources and capabilities
- You will act as the ambassador of the product management unit and represent it towards the entire organisation as well as the management, vice versa, you manage the vastly dynamic requirements imposed on product development from the globally-expanding mytaxi business
- You support Tribe Leads, Product Owners and Managers in the close interfacing to development teams and mediate between technical, UX/UI and business matters being able to represent every stake-holding perspective
- You will develop, review, pitch and communicate business models and plans across teams and departments in order realize maximum potential of products and product-based campaigns
You are a problem solver, detail-oriented and self-motivated who thrives in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment. Further key aspects of your profile are:
- University degree in Informatics, economics or engineering management is beneficial
- Several years of experience in disciplinary and professional leadership in IT environments, highly developed skills in the management of yourself and others
- For you, high-quality, transparent leadership is a value in itself and you understand it to be a proactive process which forms the success and potential of a company and its members
- You perceive the character traits and potential of employees intuitively and are able to develop individual solutions and perspectives for their personal and professional advancement with them in alignment with business strategic and structural progress
- You are an empathic communicator, can motivate your team as well as understand needs and perspectives of your colleagues
- fast apprehension, ability to adapt to fast-paced dynamic organizational and market environments together with the ability to embrace and proactively design change
- Substantial experience in software product management, you can demonstrate team management, skill in product prioritisation, creating roadmaps and product delivery
- Expertise in the field of mobility markets would be perfect.
- You conceive immediately what makes a product successful and can conceptualize pragmatic solutions.
- You are eager to develop products our external and internal customers and users love.
- You hold profound expertise in different procedure models of software development - especially Scrum and Kanban.
- You are open to trying out new things and are driven to optimize products and processes alike.
- It is in your nature to identify challenges directly
- As a team player, you keep up high standards of communication and your sense of humor even in demanding and fast-moving situations
- Fluent proficiency in English and German
Who we are:
Help us build Europe's on demand transport giant!
mytaxi is the evolution of the hail - a free smartphone app which puts people just two taps away from a licensed taxi, and lets drivers get more passengers when they want them. We are the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 75 cities within 11 countries. A mytaxi hail is accepted around Europe every second from mytaxi’s network of over 120,000 drivers and more than ten million downloads.
As a subsidiary of Daimler, we're building Europe's leading taxi app today whilst shaping a future that will see new technologies and business models revolutionise urban mobility.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our 400 employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. You will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
Great learning and development opportunities through internal and external workshops
Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
Have your birthday off!
...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers, gym for free, a chill-out room with a massage chair, a foosball table and many more
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!