As of now we’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Quality Engineer (m/f) in the app development for our HQ in Hamburg.
These are your responsibilities:
- Testing of our entire system with special focus on our mobile products
- Testing of our Web Applications (React/Angular)
- Development and realisation of testing strategies as well as the implementation and maintenance of the testing infrastructure for a high-quality test automation
- Third Level Support
- Planning of test sessions
- Backlog-Grooming and support for the product owner in defining acceptance criteria
- Evaluation of new technologies and identification of best practices to further optimise the processes and infrastructure
- Ensuring our high quality standards
- Working in a motivated and innovative team with flat hierarchies
These are your qualifications:
- Educational background in the IT sector and first professional experience
- Experience in object-oriented software development
- At least 3 years of experience with different testing frameworks (e.g. JUnit, TestNG, Robotium, Robolectric, OCUnit, Calabash, Selenium, Cucumber, ...)
- Preferably first experiences in the mobile development
- Teamwork, self-initiative and commitment
- Enthusiasm for your work and for new challenges in a young and successful start-up
- Fluent proficiency in English
- Experience in an international company or team away from your home country is a plus
You are a perfect fit, if you are passionate about software quality and security and if you always wanted to put a highly integrated system to the acid test. You are familiar with terms like unit tests, surface tests, integration tests, regression tests and load tests. You know when good is “good enough” and where to take a closer look.
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With over 10 million downloads and 120,000 registered taxi drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 70 cities in eleven European and two South American countries. With more than 500 employees in the whole entity, mytaxi spans across UK, Germany, Ireland, Austria, Poland, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, Greece, Romania, Peru and Chile.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been a subsidiary of the Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced the merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step to become the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. In February 2017 mytaxi announced the acquisition of Beat (previously Taxibeat), the leading taxi app in Greece. With Beat, mytaxi also moved into South America for the first time and is now active in Peru and Chile. In June 2017 mytaxi also announced the acquisition of Clever Taxi, the leading taxi app in Romania. Andrew Pinnington is the CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers, gym for free, a chill-out room with a massage chair, a foosball table and many more
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!