As of now, mytaxi is looking for a motivated Data Warehouse Engineer (m/f).
You will be part of a growing team focusing on data acquisition, processing and analytics at mytaxi. As a Data Warehouse Engineer, you will take care of our data infrastructure systems, including technologies like Hadoop, Kafka and Spark. Our goal is to build scalable and reliable solutions, provide knowledge from data and support decision making based on numbers.
In order to deliver these goals, you will keep our data pipelines up and running, as well as scale them with the fast growing environment here at mytaxi. We are constantly improving existing data pipelines and build new ones based on our existing tech stack. It is your task to keep the data infrastructure alive. Tweak our Hadoop Cluster to deliver the best possible performance and even beyond.
Looking for new ways to solve problems, we are always searching for new exciting technologies to dive into and implement in our environment.
These are your responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining the ETL and other data pipelines with Airflow in Python and Hive
- Working with Hadoop technologies such as Hive, Spark, Kafka, Yarn
- Building data acquisition models in Java/Scala and Hadoop technologies
- Supporting the BI, Analytics and Data Science teams with data solutions and infrastructure
- Researching and presenting new tools that benefit the further development for the team
- Developing data driven solutions and products
- Support with analysis of large amounts of data, building complex data models or the extraction of data from our operational systems
- Professional and project-based responsibility in the area of Data Warehousing
These are your qualifications:
- At least 2 years data warehousing or big data processing experience
- Hadoop experience - Yarn, Hive, Presto, Tez, Orc, Spark
- Scripting - shell scripting and Python
- Proficient in relational databases - data modeling and query optimization (PostgreSql is a plus)
- Experience with distributed systems, like Hadoop. Having worked with Hive/Pig, Spark or Kafka is a plus.
- Experience with writing production ready code (preferably Java)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Fluent proficiency in English
You are a perfect fit, if you enjoy data driven coding and implementing data applications with distributed systems. We are looking for highly motivated and experienced developers or data warehouse engineers, who want to be an important part of our company’s data core. You will be working in a small, energetic and self driven team of developers. Our technological stack is new and under a lot of development, which presents us with many challenges and also keeps work very interesting.
Who we are:
Help us build Europe's on demand transport giant!
mytaxi is the evolution of the hail - a free smartphone app which puts people just two taps away from a licensed taxi, and lets drivers get more passengers when they want them. We are the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 75 cities within 11 countries. A mytaxi hail is accepted around Europe every second from mytaxi’s network of over 120,000 drivers and more than ten million downloads.
As a subsidiary of Daimler, we're building Europe's leading taxi app today whilst shaping a future that will see new technologies and business models revolutionise urban mobility.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our 400 employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. You will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
Great learning and development opportunities through internal and external workshops
Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
Have your birthday off!
...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers, gym for free, a chill-out room with a massage chair, a foosball table and many more
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!
Please apply in German or in English.