As of now we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Team Lead Engineering (m/f) for our new development hub in Barcelona. You will be in charge of leading and developing the team as well as recruiting new motivated team members and will work closely together with the developer teams in the HQ. You will report directly into our Head of Engineering.
These are your responsibilities:
- You will build up and lead our new developer team of 15-20 people in Barcelona
- As part of your responsibility you will act as an important communication interface between your team and many stakeholders in our headquarter in Hamburg
- You are in charge of the continuous functional and personal development of the team members (e.g. through regular feedback talks)
- Create a network within the local developer scene to position mytaxi as the first choice for developers in Barcelona
- Proactive expansion of our work processes
- Willingness to travel regularly to our headquarter in Hamburg
These are your qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science or similar background
- Several years of experience in leadership of employees across decentralised locations
- It is in your nature to identify challenges directly
- You are an empathic communicator and motivator
- Knowledge in mentoring and training of employees
- Experience in selecting new employees (conception of tests, conducting a job interview, etc.)
- In several years of agile software development you had the chance to proof your hands-on mentality already
- Fluent proficiency in English and Spanish
You are a perfect fit if your team is the centre of your attention. Through your previous experience, empathy and instinct you constantly develop your team further. You are a sympathetic listener and are willing to help our Scrum-teams to self-organize. Your self-concept is that of a “servant leader”, you lead farsighted and always strike the right chord. We search for a motivated leader who technically has his finger on the pulse of current affairs.
Who we are:
With over 10 million downloads and 100,000 taxi drivers, mytaxi is the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 50 cities within 9 European countries. We provide the direct connection between passenger and driver. Our vision: Create everyday magic in city movement.
As a subsidiary of Daimler, our plan is to expand and revolutionise the taxi market. Currently, mytaxi has over 400 highly motivated and extremely talented employees who are helping to create simple, data and technology driven solutions for the future.
Our benefits for you:
mytaxi encourages a strong team spirit and simple company culture. Our teams organise themselves in established agile working environments. People at mytaxi work flexibly and independently. Every single employee is a part of our success story and so, open communication and a fair feedback culture come naturally to us. We are passionate problem-solvers who listen and understand before we act. By working together – with each other, customers, drivers and cities - we make things better. Besides a lot of fun and potential to make a real difference, you will have the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!