As of now we’re looking for a motivated Data Warehouse Engineer (m/f).
These are your responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining of the mytaxi data warehouse
- Supporting the analyst team with data solutions and infrastructure
- Building and maintaining data pipelines with Airflow in Python
- Working with Hadoop technologies such as Hive, Spark, Kafka, Yarn
- Researching and presenting new tools that benefit the further development for the team
- Developing data driven solutions and products
- Support with analysis of large amounts of data, building complex data models or the extraction of data from our operational systems
- Professional and project-based responsibility in the area of Data Warehousing
These are your qualifications:
- At least 2 years of experience in programming (preferably in Java or/and Python)
- Experience with writing production ready code as well as with writing and consuming RESTful web services
- Proficient in relational databases with experience in creating and maintaining complex data models, such as DWH systems - Fluency in PostgreSQL is a plus!
- Several years of experience in the area of Data Warehouse architecture
- Analytical thinking
- Fluent proficiency in English
Nice to haves:
- Degree in Informatics, information management, mathematics or similar background
- Experience with distributed systems, like Hadoop. Having worked with Hive/Pig, Spark or Kafka is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with messaging systems
- Experience with writing data driven software
You are a perfect fit, if you like data driven coding and implementing big data applications with distributed systems. We are looking for highly motivated and experienced developers who want to be an important part of our company’s data core growth. You would be working in a small, energetic and self driven team of developers. Our technological stack is changing faster than in other development teams, which presents us with many challenges and also keeps work very interesting.
Who we are:
With over 10 million downloads and 100,000 taxi drivers, mytaxi is the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 50 cities within 9 European countries. We provide the direct connection between passenger and driver. Our vision: Create everyday magic in city movement.
As a subsidiary of Daimler, our plan is to expand and revolutionise the taxi market. Currently, mytaxi has over 400 highly motivated and extremely talented employees who are helping to create simple, data and technology driven solutions for the future.
What can we offer you?
mytaxi prides itself on a strong team spirit and simple company culture. Our teams organise themselves in established agile working environments and everyone works flexibly and independently. Every single employee is a part of our success story and so, open communication and a fair feedback culture come naturally to us. We are passionate problem-solvers who always listen and understand before we act. By working together – with each other, customers, drivers and cities - we make things better. Besides a lot of fun and potential to make a real difference, we offer:
- Great learning and development opportunities through internal and external workshops
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Free online language courses
- Have your birthday off
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers, regular team events, a chill-out room with a massage chair, a foosball table and many more
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!
Please apply in German or in English.