As of now we’re looking for a motivated Data Warehouse Engineer (m/f).
These are your responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining of the mytaxi data warehouse
- Supporting the analyst team with data solutions and infrastructure
- Building and maintaining data pipelines with Airflow in Python
- Working with Hadoop technologies such as Hive, Spark, Kafka, Yarn
- Researching and presenting new tools that benefit the further development for the team
- Developing data driven solutions and products
- Support with analysis of large amounts of data, building complex data models or the extraction of data from our operational systems
- Professional and project-based responsibility in the area of Data Warehousing
These are your qualifications:
- At least 2 years of experience in programming (preferably in Java or/and Python)
- Experience with writing production ready code as well as with writing and consuming RESTful web services
- Proficient in relational databases with experience in creating and maintaining complex data models, such as DWH systems - Fluency in PostgreSQL is a plus!
- Several years of experience in the area of Data Warehouse architecture
- Analytical thinking
- Fluent proficiency in English
Nice to haves:
- Degree in Informatics, information management, mathematics or similar background
- Experience with distributed systems, like Hadoop. Having worked with Hive/Pig, Spark or Kafka is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with messaging systems
- Experience with writing data driven software
You are a perfect fit, if you like data driven coding and implementing big data applications with distributed systems. We are looking for highly motivated and experienced developers who want to be an important part of our company’s data core growth. You would be working in a small, energetic and self driven team of developers. Our technological stack is changing faster than in other development teams, which presents us with many challenges and also keeps work very interesting.
Who we are:
Help us build Europe's on demand transport giant!
mytaxi is the evolution of the hail - a free smartphone app which puts people just two taps away from a licensed taxi, and lets drivers get more passengers when they want them. We are the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 75 cities within 11 countries. A mytaxi hail is accepted around Europe every second from mytaxi’s network of over 120,000 drivers and more than ten million downloads.
As a subsidiary of Daimler, we're building Europe's leading taxi app today whilst shaping a future that will see new technologies and business models revolutionise urban mobility.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our 400 employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. You will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
Great learning and development opportunities through internal and external workshops
Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
Have your birthday off!
...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers, a chill-out room with a massage chair, a foosball table and many more
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!
Please apply in German or in English.