As of now we’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Quality Engineer (m/f) in the app development for our HQ in Hamburg.
These are your responsibilities:
- Testing of our entire system with special focus on our mobile products
- Testing of our Web Applications (React/Angular)
- Development and realisation of testing strategies as well as the implementation and maintenance of the testing infrastructure for a high-quality test automation
- Third Level Support
- Planning of test sessions
- Backlog-Grooming and support for the product owner in defining acceptance criteria
- Evaluation of new technologies and identification of best practices to further optimise the processes and infrastructure
- Ensuring our high quality standards
- Working in a motivated and innovative team with flat hierarchies
These are your qualifications:
- Educational background in the IT sector and first professional experience
- Experience in object-oriented software development
- At least 3 years of experience with different testing frameworks (e.g. JUnit, TestNG, Robotium, Robolectric, OCUnit, Calabash, Selenium, Cucumber, ...)
- Preferably first experiences in the mobile development
- Teamwork, self-initiative and commitment
- Enthusiasm for your work and for new challenges in a young and successful start-up
- Fluent proficiency in English
You are a perfect fit, if you are passionate about software quality and security and if you always wanted to put a highly integrated system to the acid test. You are familiar with terms like unit tests, surface tests, integration tests, regression tests and load tests. You know when good is “good enough” and where to take a closer look.
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi is the evolution of the hail since 2009 - the free smartphone app was the world's first taxi app that put people just two taps away from a licensed taxi, and provides a direct connection between passengers and drivers. We are today the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 70 cities within 11 countries. A mytaxi hail is accepted around Europe every second from mytaxi’s network of over 120,000 drivers and more than ten million downloads. With more than 500 employees mytaxi spans across Germany, UK, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Poland, Spain, Austria, Portugal, Sweden, Romania, Peru and Chile.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been a subsidiary of the Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). After the merger with Hailo in July 2016 and the acquisitions of the leading taxi-app providers from Greece (Beat) and Romania (Clever), we're building Europe's leading taxi app today whilst shaping a future that will see new technologies and business models revolutionise urban mobility.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers, gym for free, a chill-out room with a massage chair, a foosball table and many more
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!