Full Time (Vienna)
Diabetes is a pesky monster — and that’s putting it mildly. If you’re serious about helping us face it head on, come join us!
Most of our customers live with insulin-dependent diabetes. Everyday life with diabetes is often tedious and exhausting – and that’s exactly what motivates our work at mySugr. Always driven by our motto to “make diabetes suck less,” we develop award-winning apps, integrate medical devices into our products, and work with health insurance companies and industry partners to make life with diabetes a bit better. For a behind-the-scenes look, check out our Monster Culture blog and this little video to see what makes mySugr tick.
Developing apps is great, but developing apps with a purpose is even better! As a Frontend Developer at mySugr, you’ll work on a product that helps people with the most precious thing they have — their health. In collaborative teams of developers, designers, product owners, and QA experts, you’ll experience best-in-class software development practices on a daily basis and contribute to software that meets the highest expectations — we do not put our users' lives at risk!
Here’s who we’re looking for:
Essential skills for this mission:
- Enjoy developing beautiful, responsive, fast Web applications
- Minimum 3 years full-time work experience with technologies like React, Vue, or Angular
- Be proficient in HTML and CSS
- Be able to wear many hats and learn new technologies quickly
- Love to work in interdisciplinary teams, together with Designers, QA, and Product Owners
- Experience in TypeScript
- Experience with unit testing
- Enjoy working on test automation and deployment tooling
- Experience with deploying and maintaining Web applications
- Experience with state management (for example, Redux or MobX)
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Ambitious and passionate people building meaningful products
- An innovative agile working environment allowing for collaboration with really smart people and knowledge sharing in cross-functional teams
- A growing organization with room for development
- Not a corporate environment, but the leverage of a global market leader (Roche family)
- Loads of benefits (brand new Apple hardware, fitness, public transport, lunch benefit, language classes, professional training budget, chance to join global conferences...)
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity for home office days, 5 weeks vacation
- A kick-ass office with a rooftop terrace, fully stocked kitchen and amazing barista coffee machines in the middle of Vienna… oh, and did we mention the best team in the world!
You will learn about the wide range of technologies we employ, from native mobile development to infrastructure-as-code in our cloud environment, gaining a rich understanding of the specific requirements of medical software, be it security, medical risk management, safe and resilient programming, or certifications and audits. You will have direct contact with our users, learning about their daily struggles living with diabetes, as well as customers and partners, understanding the unique needs and mechanics of health care systems around the world. Additionally, you may explore other roles related to software development, such as Product Owner or Scrum Master within our interdisciplinary team structure.
Here at mySugr we are committed to providing a healthy, equal and inclusive working environment for our Monster Tamers to help them make diabetes suck less! We care about family friendly career paths, sustainability, a healthy lifestyle and the flexibility of a modern workplace. We maintain a culture of learning and sharing, as well as open and candid feedback. At every level, there are many opportunities to develop and grow at mySugr - both professionally and personally.
Interested? Great. For this position we offer a competitive annual gross salary of minimum EUR 50k plus a variable bonus. We are fully prepared to adjust our actual offer to your skill set, skill level and previous relevant experience. We’d like to hear from you! Just click that “Apply Now” button and send us your CV in English or German… and anything else that you think might impress us.