Diabetes is a pesky monster — and that’s putting it mildly. If you’re serious about helping us face it head on, come join us!
Most of our customers live with insulin-dependent diabetes. Everyday life with diabetes is often tedious and exhausting – and that’s exactly what motivates our work at mySugr. Always driven by our motto to “make diabetes suck less,” we develop award-winning apps, integrate medical devices into our products, and work with health insurance companies and industry partners to make life with diabetes a bit better. For a behind-the-scenes look, check out our Monster Culture blog and this little video to see what makes mySugr tick.
Developing mobile apps is great, but developing mobile apps with a purpose is even better! As a Software Engineer at mySugr, you’ll work on a product that helps people with the most precious thing they have — their health. In collaborative teams of developers, designers, product owners, and QA experts, you’ll experience best-in-class software development practices on a daily basis and contribute to software that meets the highest expectations — we do not put our users' lives at risk!
Here’s what we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Android) at mySugr who has a significant impact on the software development process, moving your entire team forward. Your main contribution is writing code while acting as a role model for the entire development team. You apply your experience in architectural and technical decision making, ensuring a high code quality. You contribute your technical knowledge as a foundation for strategic product decisions, identifying and driving improvements of the product development process and its infrastructure. You act as an internal technical consultant for pre-sales, sales, and marketing activities, including hiring decisions.
Essential skills for this mission:
- The Android platform, Material Design, Kotlin, Dagger, unit tests, and continuous integration pipelines are your daily bread and butter
- You have at least 5 years of experience working as a Software Engineer
- You have a Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent technical knowledge
- You enjoy improving on existing code, making it ready for extensions
- You have a passion for clean code and solid, future-proof architectures
- You know that there is no excuse not to write tests and the only way to go fast is to go well
- You have experience with reactive programming, API design, and performance optimization
- You enjoy guiding and mentoring other developers by sharing your expertise and helping them to grow
- You love working in an interdisciplinary team
- You are able to wear many hats and learn new technologies quickly
- You have knowledge of diabetes or the health industry
- You have worked in cross-disciplinary product teams
- You have experience with Firebase, Bluetooth or NFC, Android Jetpack, CircleCI, JFrog, or static code analysis
- You regularly write blog posts and contribute to open source projects
- You are an active participant and/or speaker at conferences and meet-ups
- You have experience with building architectures on Android for projects larger than 500 kLOC
- You have experience in developing safety-critical, medical software
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Ambitious and passionate people building meaningful products
- An innovative agile working environment allowing for collaboration with really smart people and knowledge sharing in cross-functional teams
- A growing organization with room for development
- Not a corporate environment, but the leverage of a global market leader (Roche family)
- Loads of benefits (brand new Apple hardware, fitness, public transport, lunch benefit, language classes, professional training budget, chance to join global conferences...)
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity for home office days, 5 weeks vacation
- A kick-ass office with a rooftop terrace, fully stocked kitchen and amazing barista coffee machines in the middle of Vienna… oh, and did we mention the best team in the world!
At every level, there are many opportunities to develop and grow at mySugr. We maintain a culture of learning and sharing, as well as open and candid feedback. You will learn about the wide range of technologies we employ, from native mobile development to infrastructure-as-code in our cloud environment, gaining a rich understanding of the specific requirements of medical software, be it security, medical risk management, safe and resilient programming, or certifications and audits. You will have direct contact with our users, learning about their daily struggles living with diabetes, as well as customers and partners, understanding the unique needs and mechanics of health care systems around the world. Additionally, you may explore other roles related to software development, such as Product Owner or Scrum Master within our interdisciplinary team structure.
Interested? Great. For this position we offer a competitive annual gross salary of minimum EUR 52k plus a variable bonus. We’d like to hear from you! Just click that “Apply Now” button and send us your CV in English or German… and anything else that you think might impress us.