Full Time (Vienna)
Diabetes is a pesky monster — and that’s putting it mildly. If you’re serious about helping us face it head on, come join us!
Most of our customers live with insulin-dependent diabetes. Everyday life with diabetes is often tedious and exhausting – and that’s exactly what motivates our work at mySugr. Always driven by our motto to “make diabetes suck less,” we develop award-winning apps, integrate medical devices into our products, and work with health insurance companies and industry partners to make life with diabetes a bit better. For a behind-the-scenes look, check out our Monster Culture blog and this little video to see what makes mySugr tick.
Developing mobile apps is great, but developing mobile apps with a purpose is even better! As a Software Engineer at mySugr, you’ll work on a product that helps people with the most precious thing they have — their health. In collaborative teams of developers, designers, product owners, and QA experts, you’ll experience best-in-class software development practices on a daily basis and contribute to software that meets the highest expectations — we do not put our users' lives at risk!
Here's what we're looking for:
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer (iOS) at mySugr who will have a significant impact on the software development process, moving your entire team forward. Your main contribution is writing code while acting as a role model for the entire development team. You demonstrate your experience in architectural and technical decision making, ensuring high quality co-review of code. You contribute technical knowledge as a foundation for strategic product decisions, identifying and driving improvements of the product development process and its infrastructure. You act as an internal technical consultant for pre-sales, sales, and marketing activities, including hiring decisions.
Your upcoming mission:
- Join us in leading innovation on the iOS platform
- Support our ambitions and push even further in the mobile sector to develop at scale and guide the development of our entire efforts on the iOS platform.
- Work autonomously in an interdisciplinary team, collaborating with designers, QA, and product owners
- Bring a fresh perspective and creative approach to the development of our iOS products
Essential skills for this mission:
- You have at least 5+ years of experience building native apps
- You have a desire to craft beautiful, usable interfaces across all different devices running iOS
- You are empathetic towards the user experience and thoughtful about what we can do to make it better
- You have excellent communication skills and are good at giving and receiving feedback
- You have experience working iteratively and maintaining live products
- You have experience mentoring other engineers in Swift and Objective-C
- You work with an eye toward accessibility, performance and systemic solutions
- You have a proven track record of building reliable, performant, scalable and yet understandable solutions
- You write tests to ensure delivery of high-quality software
- You have knowledge of the diabetes industry or other comparable health industries
- You have experience working in an energetic startup environment
- You have a background in Computer Science
- You are familiar with ReSwift, Functional Reactive Programming or App Extensions
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Ambitious and passionate people building meaningful products
- An innovative agile working environment allowing for collaboration with really smart people and knowledge sharing in cross-functional teams
- A growing organization with room for development
- Not a corporate environment, but the leverage of a global market leader (Roche family)
- Loads of benefits (brand new Apple hardware, fitness, public transport, lunch benefit, language classes, professional training budget, chance to join global conferences...)
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity for home office days, 5 weeks vacation
- A kick-ass office with a rooftop terrace, fully stocked kitchen and amazing barista coffee machines in the middle of Vienna… oh, and did we mention the best team in the world!
You will learn about the wide range of technologies we employ, from native mobile development to infrastructure-as-code in our cloud environment, gaining a rich understanding of the specific requirements of medical software, be it security, medical risk management, safe and resilient programming, or certifications and audits. You will have direct contact with our users, learning about their daily struggles living with diabetes, as well as customers and partners, understanding the unique needs and mechanics of health care systems around the world. Additionally, you may explore other roles related to software development, such as Product Owner or Scrum Master within our interdisciplinary team structure.
Here at mySugr we are committed to providing a healthy, equal and inclusive working environment for our Monster Tamers to help them make diabetes suck less! We care about family friendly career paths, sustainability, a healthy lifestyle and the flexibility of a modern workplace. We maintain a culture of learning and sharing, as well as open and candid feedback. At every level, there are many opportunities to develop and grow at mySugr - both professionally and personally.
Interested? Great. For this position we offer a competitive annual gross salary of minimum EUR 52k plus a variable bonus. We’d like to hear from you! Just click that “Apply Now” button and send us your CV in English or German… and anything else that you think might impress us.