Diabetes is a pesky monster — and that’s putting it mildly. If you’re serious about helping us face it head on, come join us!
Here’s what we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a Software Engineer (Android) who will have a significant impact on the software development process and moving your entire team forward. Your main contribution will be writing code while acting as a role model for the entire development team. You apply your experience in architectural and technical decision making, ensuring a high code quality and contribute your technical knowledge as a foundation for strategic product decisions, identifying and driving improvements of the product development process and its infrastructure.
Essential skills for this mission:
- You have at least 5 years experience working as a Software Engineer with good knowledge of Kotlin
- You have a degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent technical knowledge
- You are well acquainted with the Android platform and APIs
- You have a passion for clean code and solid, future-proof architectures and you have testing in mind while you develop production code
- You are able and open to learn new technologies and processes
- You are either an EU citizen or hold a valid Austrian work permit
What you will be working with:
We are always trying to stay on top of the game and use modern tools and approaches standardized across the industry.
- Our codebase is Kotlin-first with usage of Dagger, Coroutines, reactive programming with Flows, Material design, ViewModel architecture and more
- Unit tests and continuous integration is an important and integral part of our development process. We know there is no excuse not to write tests and the only way to go fast is to go well
- You will learn about the wide range of technologies we employ, gaining a rich understanding of the specific requirements of medical software, be it security, medical risk management, safe and resilient programming, or certifications and audits
Here's what you can expect from us:
- We are ambitious and passionate people building meaningful products
- We actively promote personal and career development so if you like writing blog posts and contributing to open source projects, or you are an active participant and/or speaker at conferences and meet-ups, we are here to support you
- We will provide all the necessary information and training about diabetes that every good Monster Tamer needs on their mission to “make diabetes suck less”
- An innovative agile working environment allowing for collaboration and knowledge sharing in cross-functional teams
- Hybrid home office/on-site working model, flexible working hours and 5 weeks vacation
- Loads of benefits (brand new Apple hardware, fitness, public transport, lunch benefit, language classes, professional training budget, chance to join global conferences...)
- A kick-ass office with a rooftop terrace, fully stocked kitchen and amazing barista coffee machines in the middle of Vienna… oh, and did we mention the best team in the world!
Who we are and what we care about:
Here at mySugr and Roche Diabetes Care we are committed to providing a healthy, equal and inclusive working environment for our Monster Tamers to help them make diabetes suck less! We care about family friendly career paths, sustainability, a healthy lifestyle and the flexibility of a modern workplace. We maintain a culture of learning and sharing, as well as open and candid feedback. At every level, there are many opportunities to develop and grow at mySugr - both professionally and personally.
Being a global leader in integrated Personalised Diabetes Management (iPDM), Roche Diabetes Care collaborates with pioneers around the globe, including people with diabetes, caregivers, healthcare professionals and payers. We aim to transform and advance care provision and foster sustainable care structures. Under the brands RocheDiabetes, Accu-Chek and mySugr, comprising glucose monitoring, insulin delivery systems and digital solutions, we unite with our partners to create patient-centred value. Our mission is to support the optimization of therapy and enable better informed therapy decisions. We build and collaborate in an open ecosystem, connect devices and digital solutions as well as contextualising relevant data points. Join us in our mission to make diabetes suck less and bring true relief to patients.
Interested? Great. For this position we offer a competitive annual gross salary of minimum EUR 65k plus a variable bonus. We’d like to hear from you! Just click that “Apply Now” button and send us your CV in English or German… and anything else that you think might impress us.
Make sure to read our Privacy Notice for Applicants.