Full Time (Vienna)
Diabetes is a pesky monster — and that’s putting it mildly. If you’re serious about helping us face it head on, come join us!
Being a global leader in integrated Personalised Diabetes Management (iPDM), Roche Diabetes Care collaborates with pioneers around the globe, including people with diabetes, caregivers, healthcare providers and payers. We aim to transform and advance care provision and foster sustainable care structures. Under the brands RocheDiabetes, Accu-Chek and mySugr, comprising glucose monitoring, insulin delivery systems and digital solutions, we unite with our partners to create patient-centred value. By building and collaborating in an open ecosystem, connecting devices and digital solutions as well as contextualising relevant data points, we enable deeper insights and a better understanding of diabetes, leading to personalised and effective therapy adjustments. For a behind-the-scenes look, check out our Monster Culture blog, this little video and Roche code4life to see what makes mySugr and Roche tick.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
We are looking for a person who is passionate about jumping into the software development process as a Quality Assurance Specialist. Someone who is eager to make things the best they can be and is willing to confront the status quo. Never mind if you do not have experience working directly in a software development team yet. If you have worked in a related field (e.g. regulatory, customer support, business development) for at least two years and you describe yourself as investigative, curious and tech savvy we would love to hear from you. What matters most is your desire to learn and your ability to think not only critically, but also outside of the box, to help us overcome obstacles and make the best app ever as we continue to tame that diabetes monster.
Your upcoming mission:
- Work in a cross-functional, agile team, liaising closely with Developers, Designers, Product Owners and the Quality Assurance team
- Learn the basics of QA and how to apply diverse verification practices throughout the whole software development process to ensure high standards of product quality
- Grow, learn (also from mistakes), improve and take over responsibilities
If you want to know more about your future job from one of our QA Monster Tamer’s, click here!
Essential skills for your mission:
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience in a related field (e.g. regulatory, customer support, business analyst or similar technical fields with regulatory influence)
- You are able to wear many hats and learn new technologies quickly
- You have great written and verbal communication skills in English
- You are willing to take ownership for the quality of our app
- You are passionate about searching for mistakes and errors and like to explore our app to find possible issues before the users do
- You are excited to dig into all the software development phases
- You like to improve products, ideas, concepts and even processes
- You do not avoid decision-making
- You have a valid Austrian work permit
- You have experience working in an agile environment
- You have experience with medical devices or in the healthcare field
- You have experience with or knowledge of diabetes
- You have a university degree in mathematics, physics, chemistry, biomedical engineering or similar technical direction
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Ambitious and passionate people building meaningful products
- An innovative agile working environment allowing for collaboration with really smart people and knowledge sharing in cross-functional teams
- A growing organization with room for development
- Not a corporate environment, but the leverage of a global market leader (Roche family)
- Loads of benefits (brand new Apple hardware, fitness, public transport, lunch benefit, language classes, professional training budget, chance to join global conferences...)
- Flexible working hours and home office policy, 5 weeks vacation
- A kick-ass office with a rooftop terrace, fully stocked kitchen and amazing barista coffee machines in the middle of Vienna… oh, and did we mention the best team in the world!
Here at mySugr and Roche Diabetes Care we are committed to providing a healthy, equal and inclusive working environment for our Monster Tamers to help them make diabetes suck less! We care about family friendly career paths, sustainability, a healthy lifestyle and the flexibility of a modern workplace. We maintain a culture of learning and sharing, as well as open and candid feedback. At every level, there are many opportunities to develop and grow at mySugr - both professionally and personally.
Interested? Great. For this position we offer a competitive annual gross minimum salary of EUR 33k plus a variable bonus. We are fully prepared to adjust our actual offer to your skill set, skill level and previous relevant experience.
We’d like to hear from you! Just click that “Apply Now” button and send us your CV in English or German… and anything else that you think might impress us.
Make sure to read our Privacy Notice for Applicants.