Full Time (Vienna)
Diabetes is a pesky monster — and that’s putting it mildly. If you’re serious about helping us face it head on, come join us!
Being a global leader in integrated Personalised Diabetes Management (iPDM), Roche Diabetes Care collaborates with pioneers around the globe, including people with diabetes, caregivers, healthcare providers and payers. We aim to transform and advance care provision and foster sustainable care structures. Under the brands RocheDiabetes, Accu-Chek and mySugr, comprising glucose monitoring, insulin delivery systems and digital solutions, we unite with our partners to create patient-centred value. By building and collaborating in an open ecosystem, connecting devices and digital solutions as well as contextualising relevant data points, we enable deeper insights and a better understanding of diabetes, leading to personalised and effective therapy adjustments. For a behind-the-scenes look, check out our Monster Culture blog, this little video and Roche code4life to see what makes mySugr and Roche tick.
Developing software is great, but developing software with a purpose is even better! As a Full Stack Developer at mySugr, you’ll work on a product that helps people with the most precious thing they have — their health. In collaborative teams of developers, designers, product owners, and QA experts, you’ll experience best-in-class software development practices on a daily basis and contribute to software that meets the highest expectations — we do not put our users' lives at risk!
Here’s what we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer to help us build up our capabilities for internal tooling. As a code-magician, you will support our efforts to make diabetes suck less. You will primarily be working inside a cross-functional and international team, based right in the beautiful heart of Vienna. Your area of expertise should span from backend technologies right to creating web-applications. You will work on an application which has 100% test coverage, is fully integrated into a CI/CD pipeline, and is based on the latest React and TypeScript best practices.
Your upcoming mission:
- Join our motivated cross-functional backend and web platform team
- Work closely with all areas in the company to understand needs and provide help through automation via our intranet tool
- Maintain and work with a powerful backend which stores our users data
- Feel your work's impact and receive direct feedback from your fellow colleagues
- Help us to make our tech-processes more efficient, secure and reliable
Essential skills for your mission:
- Enjoy developing beautiful, responsive, fast web applications
- Confident with React and Spring-based Java backends
- Passionate about clean code and solid, future-proof architectures
- Able to wear many hats and learn new technologies quickly
- Love to work in interdisciplinary teams, together with designers, QA, and product owners
- Enjoy guiding and sharing your knowledge with other developers
- You have a valid Austrian work permit
- Experience with deploying and maintaining web applications
- Familiarity with hosting services like AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Experience in a digital startup culture
- Experience in the healthcare or diabetes industry (diagnostics or pharma)
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Ambitious and passionate people building meaningful products
- An innovative agile working environment allowing for collaboration with really smart people and knowledge sharing in cross-functional teams
- A growing organization with room for development
- Not a corporate environment, but the leverage of a global market leader (Roche family)
- Loads of benefits (brand new Apple hardware, fitness, public transport, lunch benefit, language classes, professional training budget, chance to join global conferences...)
- Flexible working hours and home office policy, 5 weeks vacation
- A kick-ass office with a rooftop terrace, fully stocked kitchen and amazing barista coffee machines in the middle of Vienna… oh, and did we mention the best team in the world!
At every level, there are many opportunities to develop and grow at mySugr. We maintain a culture of learning and sharing, as well as open and candid feedback. You will learn about the wide range of technologies we employ, from native mobile development to infrastructure-as-code in our cloud environment, gaining a rich understanding of the specific requirements of medical software, be it security, medical risk management, safe and resilient programming, or certifications and audits. You will have direct contact with our users, learning about their daily struggles living with diabetes, as well as customers and partners, understanding the unique needs and mechanics of health care systems around the world. Additionally, you may explore other roles related to software development, such as Product Owner or Scrum Master within our interdisciplinary team structure.
Interested? Great. For this position we offer a competitive annual gross salary of minimum EUR 55k plus a variable bonus. We are fully prepared to adjust our actual offer to your skill set, skill level and previous relevant experience. We’d like to hear from you! Just click that “Apply Now” button and send us your CV in English or German… and anything else that you think might impress us.
Make sure to read our Privacy Notice for Applicants.