Software Engineer (Backend) Internship (m/f/d)
Full-Time, Paid Summer Internship: 3-6 months (Vienna)
Diabetes is a pesky monster. And that’s putting it mildly. However, if you’re serious about helping us face it head on, come join us.
Most of our customers live with insulin-dependent diabetes. The everyday life with diabetes is often tedious and exhausting – and that’s exactly what we work on at mySugr. True to the motto "Make diabetes suck less", we develop award-winning apps, integrate medical devices into our products and work with health insurance companies and industry partners to make life with diabetes a bit better. For a behind-the-scenes look, check out our Monster Culture blog and see what makes mySugr tick.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
Join our Backend Development masters as our Backend Intern at mySugr. You will dive into the cool and diverse technologies we are using (REST, Java, Spring, Hibernate, relational databases) in our agile and cross-functional environment. With a mindset to be flexible and open, you will be an active and supportive member of our team while we work towards our mission to make diabetes suck less! If that sounds like a match for you, we would love to welcome you to the mySugr team this summer!
- Actively engage with the team and propose improvements that will make our users happier and healthier!
- Help us continuously optimise our backend application and its development processes
Essential skills for your mission:
- Passion to gain experience in backend developing
- Coding experience with Java, Git & SQL
- Experience with one Java web application framework/stack (like Spring, Java EE, Jakarta EE or Eclipse MicroProfile)
- A matching university background (e.g. undertaking or completing a Masters degree)
- Great reliability, integrity and discretion
- Great communication skills and spoken English
- Ability to wear many hats and learn new technologies quickly
- Diabetes knowledge
- Experience working in an international environment
What to expect:
- Ambitious and passionate people building meaningful products
- An innovative agile working environment allowing for collaboration with really smart people and knowledge sharing in cross-functional teams
- A growing organization with room for development
- Not a corporate environment, but the leverage of a global market leader (Roche family)
- Loads of benefits (brand new Apple hardware, fitness, lunch benefit, language classes...)
- Flexible working hours and accrued vacation
- A kick-ass office with a rooftop terrace, fully stocked kitchen and amazing barista coffee machines in the middle of Vienna… oh, and did we mention the best team in the world!
Here at mySugr we are committed to providing a healthy, equal and inclusive working environment for our Monster Tamers to help them make diabetes suck less! We care about family friendly career paths, sustainability, a healthy lifestyle and the flexibility of a modern workplace. We maintain a culture of learning and sharing, as well as open and candid feedback. At every level, there are many opportunities to develop and grow at mySugr - both professionally and personally.
Interested? Great. For this position we offer a monthly gross salary of €1000. We’d like to hear from you! Just click that “Apply Now” button and send us your CV in English or German, please also attach your portfolio to your application, we are very excited to see your work! :) .... and anything else that you think might impress us.