Full Time (Vienna)
Diabetes is a pesky monster — and that’s putting it mildly. If you’re serious about helping us face it head on, come join us!
Most of our customers live with insulin-dependent diabetes. Everyday life with diabetes is often tedious and exhausting – and that’s exactly what motivates our work at mySugr. Always driven by our motto to “make diabetes suck less,” we develop award-winning apps, integrate medical devices into our products, and work with health insurance companies and industry partners to make life with diabetes a bit better. For a behind-the-scenes look, check out our Monster Culture blog and this little video to see what makes mySugr tick.
Here’s what we are looking for:
mySugr is committed to the privacy and security of our users, customers, and partners. They trust that we take the best possible care when it comes to confidential and sensitive data, like health information. Protecting data and infrastructure is critical for maintaining and extending this trust, and therefore we are looking for a Senior Information Security Engineer to make sure we apply the highest level of security and protection to our products, our infrastructure, and our organization.
Your upcoming mission:
- Join our development and operations teams and write highly secure code and operate bulletproof environments
- Implement technical measures to ensure we follow the state-of-the-art in security, and compliance with relevant standards and laws (e.g., ISO 27001, HIPAA, GDPR) and best practices
- Contribute to our Information Security Risk Management processes and implement mitigations
- Monitor, review, and handle security events within the organization, its infrastructure, and its products, and drive their reporting and remediation
- Work with external partners and advisors who help us achieve high security standards (conduct pen tests, security testing, and code audits)
- Communicate with suppliers, partners, and customers about security-related topics
- Ensure the organization has a proper understanding of security by actively communicating and advocating this topic
- Work closely with our Privacy Officer to not only ensure our users security but also privacy
Essential skills for your mission:
- Strong expertise in Software Development and Engineering
- Several years of work experience in IT security
- Technical know-how on security mechanisms and solutions (Firewalls, Web-Firewalls, Credential/Identity management, Cryptography, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), …)
- Knowledge about relevant standards and norms, like ISO 27001/27005, OWASP, HITRUST, SOC
- Profound knowledge about Amazon Web Services and cloud security (e.g., Identity and Access Management)
- Know-how about security concepts for mobile platforms and cloud services
- Experience with medical and/or bluetooth connected devices
- Knowledge of a Quality Management System according to ISO 13485
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Ambitious and passionate people building meaningful products
- An innovative agile working environment allowing for collaboration with really smart people and knowledge sharing in cross-functional teams
- A growing organization with room for development
- Not a corporate environment, but the leverage of a global market leader (Roche family)
- Loads of benefits (brand new Apple hardware, fitness, public transport, lunch benefit, language classes, professional training budget, chance to join global conferences...)
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity for home office days, 5 weeks vacation
- A kick-ass office with a rooftop terrace, fully stocked kitchen and amazing barista coffee machines in the middle of Vienna… oh, and did we mention the best team in the world!
At every level, there are many opportunities to develop and grow at mySugr. We maintain a culture of learning and sharing, as well as open and candid feedback. You will learn about the wide range of technologies we employ, from native mobile development to infrastructure-as-code in our cloud environment, gaining a rich understanding of the specific requirements of medical software, be it security, medical risk management, safe and resilient programming, or certifications and audits. You will have direct contact with our users, learning about their daily struggles living with diabetes, as well as customers and partners, understanding the unique needs and mechanics of health care systems around the world.
Interested? Great. For this position we offer a competitive annual gross salary of minimum EUR 50k plus a variable bonus. We’d like to hear from you! Just click that “Apply Now” button and send us your CV in English or German… and anything else that you think might impress us.