Who You Are:
You are an emotionally intelligent, personable, and organized professional looking to apply your talents as part of a company with an engaged executive team and an amazing growth history.
You are energized by the idea of leading diverse, fast-moving, and challenging projects and supporting a range of clients while working to contribute to the success of the PMO and to help develop other members of the team. You are motivated to make an impact and value working as a member of a strong team with highly ambitious but attainable goals and standards.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Project Manager II to join our growing Project Management team. The primary purpose of the Project Manager II role is to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery of single or multiple projects of small to large size and complexity within scope, quality, time, and cost constraints in order to deliver business value. The Project Manager II may also assist more senior project managers on large programs and may mentor more junior team members on project management and professional skills.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities Include:
- Lead small to large projects through all phases of project lifecycle (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing)
- Analyze project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations and appropriate process for delivering projects
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required activities and tasks
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle and lead efforts to establish work plan for project activities, iterations, or phases
- Implement project communication plan, risk assessment and mitigation plans, and stakeholder engagement plans as well as organize and maintain project documents
- Ensure that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives through directing and coordinating the activities of project personnel and managing project schedule and budget
- Prepare project status reports and modify schedules or plans as required
- Follow Myriad project management processes and methodologies to deliver successful, client-focused initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Desired skills and experiences:
The Project Manager II will ideally have the skills and experience listed below, but we take a holistic approach to talent matching and are open to a variety of backgrounds, particularly those that include providing exceptional customer service and support
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information systems, project management, general business management, or related field or equivalent related professional experience.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience with project management, client success or customer service, or operational functions that include high-volume coordination and scheduling and deep knowledge of project management methodologies (PMI, Prince II, etc.)
- PMP certification attained
- Success while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team with empathy and knowledge of personality types
- Demonstrated experience and ability in successfully utilizing “soft skills” or “people skills”
- Strong ability to develop strong relationships and build trust internally and externally with stakeholders of diverse personalities
- Strong ability to employ a professional and diplomatic customer service approach during client conversations
- Exceptional influencing and negotiating skills in an environment where this role may not directly control resources
- Coachability, eagerness to grow, and ability to take on increasing responsibilities
- Ability to coach and mentor junior team members on project management and professional skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and superior organizational and critical thinking skills
- Expertise with project planning tools such as Microsoft Project, WorkForce, Easy Projects, etc.
A Little About Us
We help organizations build their best IT infrastructure, and we are rapidly growing as a premier cybersecurity consultancy and integrator.
We live and breathe our core values:
- Caring. We act with compassion, respect, integrity and professionalism. We are willing to lend a hand.
- Dare to be Great. We take initiative, challenge ourselves to be great, and lead by example.
- Constant Improvement. We are inquisitive learners who apply new knowledge to improve ourselves and our work.
- Accountable. We do what we say, create clarity, focus on results, and take full ownership to deliver on our commitments.
- Can-Do Attitude. We are solution-focused, resourceful problem solvers who tackle every challenge with positivity and enthusiasm.
We are proud of our accessible & engaged executive team, have been listed on Crain's "Best Places to Work" for 5 years, and recently won Inc.'s "Best Workplaces" for 2018. We believe in cultivating an atmosphere of inclusion and providing an environment that enables every employee to work to the best of their ability.
Some of Our Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Quarterly profit sharing for all employees
- Company-funded 401k contributions
- Subsidized individual & family health insurance plans
- Ongoing company-funded professional development & education
- Transparent, candid culture with 1:1 coaching, quarterly performance reviews, and a consistent feedback loop
- Team-building events
- Stocked kitchen with healthy goodies
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Community involvement opportunities
- Quirky, diverse, respectful, high-performing coworkers you’ll want to achieve greatness with!
Myriad360 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.