Who You Are:
You are an highly organized and emotionally intelligent professional looking to apply your talents to a results-oriented company with an engaged executive team and an amazing growth history.
You hate doing the same type of project over and over, and would love to support a range of clients and projects while working to hone your skills as a project management professional. You are motivated to make an impact and value working as a member of a strong team with incredibly ambitious but attainable goals and standards.
About The Role:
We are seeking a Project Manager I to join our growing Project Management team. The primary purpose of the Project Manager I role is to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery of single or multiple projects of small to medium size within scope, quality, time, and cost constraints in order to deliver business value. The Project Manager I may also assist more senior project managers on large projects or programs.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Lead small to medium projects through all phases of project lifecycle (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing).
- Assist in analyzing project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations and appropriate process for delivering projects
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required activities and tasks
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle and confer with project staff to establish work plan for project activities, iterations, or phases
- Implement project communication plan, risk assessment and mitigation plans, and partner engagement plans as well as organize and maintain project documents
- Ensure that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives through directing and coordinating the activities of project personnel and managing project timeline and budget
- Prepare project status reports and modify schedules or plans as required
- Follow Myriad project management processes and methodologies to deliver successful, client-focused initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Desired skills and experiences:
The Project Manager I will ideally have the skills and experience listed below, but we take a holistic approach to talent matching and are open to a variety of backgrounds, particularly those that include providing extraordinary customer service and support
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information systems, project management, general business management, or related field or equivalent related professional experience. PM certification highly desirable but not required
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of experience with project management, client success or customer service, or operational functions that include high-volume coordination and scheduling and a familiarity of project management methodologies (PMI, Prince II, etc.)
- Success while running multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team with empathy and knowledge of personality types
- Demonstrated experience and ability in successfully utilizing “soft skills” or “people skills”
- Ability to develop strong relationships and build trust internally and externally with partners of diverse personalities
- Ability to employ a professional and diplomatic customer service approach during client conversations
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment where this role may not directly control resources
- Coachability, eagerness to grow, and ability to take on increasing responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills and strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of project planning tools such as Microsoft Project, WorkForce, Easy Projects, etc.
A Little About Us
We help organizations build their best IT infrastructure, and we are rapidly growing as a premier cybersecurity consultancy and integrator.
We live and breathe our core values:
- Caring. We act with compassion, respect, integrity and professionalism. We are willing to lend a hand.
- Dare to be Great. We take initiative, challenge ourselves to be great, and lead by example.
- Constant Improvement. We are inquisitive learners who apply new knowledge to improve ourselves and our work.
- Accountable. We do what we say, create clarity, focus on results, and take full ownership to deliver on our commitments.
- Can-Do Attitude. We are solution-focused, resourceful problem solvers who tackle every challenge with positivity and enthusiasm.
We are proud of our accessible & engaged executive team, have been listed on Crain's "Best Places to Work" for 5 years, and recently won Inc.'s "Best Workplaces" for 2018. We believe in cultivating an atmosphere of inclusion and providing an environment that enables every employee to work to the best of their ability.
Some of Our Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Quarterly profit sharing for all employees
- Company-funded 401k contributions
- Subsidized individual & family health insurance plans
- Ongoing company-funded professional development & education
- Transparent, candid culture with 1:1 coaching, quarterly performance reviews, and a consistent feedback loop
- Team-building events
- Stocked kitchen with healthy goodies
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Community involvement opportunities
- Quirky, diverse, respectful, high-performing coworkers you’ll want to achieve greatness with!
Myriad360 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.