Who You Are:
You are a confident technology professional with at least ten (10) years of client-facing experience in network engineering and architecture.
You are motivated to deliver world-class client experiences where you're equally skilled in designing and delivering network solutions as you are comfortable speaking with CIOs or line level engineers.
You are both architecturally and engineering focused so you have an expert command of requirements generation, systems leverage points, capacity planning, reliability, security management methods, performance tradeoffs, architectural pivot points, and domain knowledge.
About The Role:
Myriad360 solves client needs by exploring problem and solutions spaces to deliver technological solutions for our customer base, made up of cloud builders, service providers, and enterprises globally.
Our networking practice has overarching responsibility for delivering networking solutions which includes traditional IP/Optical/WDM/MPLS/subsea networking, IPv4->IPv6 migration, data center networking architecture, vendor migrations, routing protocol selection, network automation, implementation and optimization, stretched layer 2, software defined networking, programmable packet path technologies, and switching architecture.
Your day-to-day as a Senior Architect will see you spending time as a go-to technical partner for our clients; uncovering, designing, and delivering solutions that will address their needs.
You will be frequently conversing with our clients to understand their business initiatives and information technology investments. You will also be deeply involved in architecture and engineering activities in conjunction with our security and cloud practices, while partnering with account management and sales.
This role is accountable for:
- Understanding client business needs through excellent communication and relationship management
- Identifying client requirements and evolving client and internal understanding of the market, products, and services
- Delivering high-quality architectural knowledge and engineering work on client projects
- Performing technical project management and activities in concert with our dedicated PMO organization
- Preparing solutions proposals to include products and consulting services for implementation, effectively balancing value propositions between Myriad360 and the client
- Providing cross-technology guidance across the whole solution stack, not just a narrow product line definition
- Engaging in continuous learning on new technologies and products, including R&D and lab work
- Earning certifications to satisfy partnership requirements
- Delivering a world-class experience to our clients
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in network engineering and architecture with recent focus on core network engineering or automation
- Relevant networking experience and certifications (CCIE/CCNP, CCDE/CCDP, JNCIE/JNCIP)
- Client relationship management experience
- Aptitude for leading customer conversations where required
- Knowledge of multi-vendor environments and the challenges therein
- Specific knowledge of at least one of: Cisco, Juniper, Arista, or Cumulus
- Operational experience in networking environments
- Knowledge of field expedient networking / remote work tools such as: SSH, Ansible, VMs, VPN, tunnels, OOB management toolsets
- Experience writing professional services scope of work
- Excellent verbal and written communication, technical writing, and diagramming skills
- Advanced time, expectation, and knowledge management skills
- Experience at other VARs or OEMs
- A passion for systems development and optimization as it relates to internal process improvement
- Deep knowledge of TCP, UDP and multicast, including IP routing (BGP, OSPF, ISIS)
- Deep knowledge of current-generation networking solution stack, including MC-LAG, 802.1X, EVPN, VXLAN, MACSec, SDN, Cisco ACI
- Deep knowledge of IP networking, MPLS, and Layer 2 e.g. bridge, hub, switch, STP, MAC flooding
- Knowledge of ASIC characteristics, packet recirculation, logic, chipsets
- Knowledge of optical solutions including xWDM
- Knowledge of Palo Alto, Fortinet or Cisco security products and related solution set, including NAC solutions
- Knowledge of zero trust architecture
- Experience with network security, e.g. firewalls, IDS/IPS, NAT
- Basic knowledge of non-network OEMs with networking solutions e.g. HPE ProCurve
- Some SRE knowledge and/or network automation knowledge highly desired, specifically knowledge of Redis, Storm, Kafka, Ansible, Saltstack
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Perl, Go, F#, Lua, or Rust
- Knowledge of Linux networking stack
- Knowledge of OpenStack, Kubernetes, VMware, or other virtualization solutions
- Knowledge of common networking requirements trees by customers
A Little About Us
Our mission is to challenge and enable our employees to achieve great things.
We live and breathe our core values:
- Caring. We act with compassion, respect, integrity and professionalism. We are willing to lend a hand.
- Dare to be Great. We take initiative, challenge ourselves to be great, and lead by example.
- Constant Improvement. We are inquisitive learners who apply new knowledge to improve ourselves and our work.
- Accountable. We do what we say, create clarity, focus on results, and take full ownership to deliver on our commitments.
- Can-Do Attitude. We are solution-focused, resourceful problem solvers who tackle every challenge with positivity and enthusiasm
We are consistently listed among Inc & Crain's "Best Places to Work" and we're proud of our accessible & engaged executive team. We believe in cultivating an atmosphere of inclusion and providing an environment that enables every employee to work to the best of their ability.
Some of Our Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Quarterly profit sharing for all employees
- Company-funded 401k contributions
- Subsidized individual & family health insurance plans
- Ongoing company-funded professional development & education
- Transparent, candid culture with 1:1 coaching, quarterly performance reviews, and a consistent feedback loop
- Team-building events
- Community involvement opportunities
- Quirky, diverse, respectful, high-performing coworkers you’ll want to achieve greatness with
Myriad360 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.