Myriad360 is an established IT solutions provider and systems integrator that provides services to enterprise and cloud builder clients in the tri-state area and beyond.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Operations to partner with leadership and oversee daily operations at our Integration Center and Warehouse based in West Deptford, New Jersey. Hardware and integration service orders are processed at this location as part of our larger business model.
Who You Are:
You are a dynamic leader seeking an opportunity that will leverage your unique set of experiences to scale a growing service at a successful company.
A person of many talents: a few of your varied experiences include warehouse management, computer configuration services and transportation logistics.
Through your experience, you have developed a deep knowledge of the entire Supply Chain Management process including WMS platforms that manage receiving, put-away, pick, staging, QA, configuration, packaging, shipping, and logistics. You pair your technology platform know-how with QMS processes.
You are familiar with the market and the people in and around the South Jersey, Philadelphia, and Delaware area.
About The Role:
As our Senior Manager of Operations, your primary accountability is to ensure the successful operation of our new Integration Center and Warehouse location through direct oversight of our Team Leads responsible for configuration and logistics services.
To accomplish this, the Senior Manager is accountable for the coaching, development, readiness, and composition of their team. This includes assisting directly in the hiring, on-boarding, training, scheduling, coaching and supervision of these employees.
Effective leadership will result in company profitability through operational best practices that deliver a world-class experience for our clients daily.
Other responsibilities include:
- Achieve warehouse operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Manage warehouse and configuration KPI’s daily with the Leads while assisting in implementing production, managing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Responsible for planning and reviewing compensation actions and enforcing policies and procedures as outlined by the company.
- Daily problem solving, assisting with, or delivering internal audits and working with management to identify trends.
- Meet warehouse financial objectives by forecasting requirements; assisting with an annual budget: scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective action.
- Assist warehouse Leads to determine product handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; developing and improving processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping.
- Develop or modify warehouse as the business demands including planning layout, product flow, product handling systems, evaluating, and recommending new equipment.
- Develop warehouse operations and configuration system improvements by analyzing process workflow, manning staging and space requirements, equipment layout, and implementing changes.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures as well as complying with legal regulations.
- Secure property by developing protection and access policies and procedures.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Develop and maintain operation guides including quality manuals and updating work instructions.
A Little About Us
Our mission is to challenge and enable our employees to achieve great things.
We live and breathe our core values:
- Caring. We act with compassion, respect, integrity and professionalism. We are willing to lend a hand.
- Dare to be Great. We take initiative, challenge ourselves to be great, and lead by example.
- Constant Improvement. We are inquisitive learners who apply new knowledge to improve ourselves and our work.
- Accountable. We do what we say, create clarity, focus on results, and take full ownership to deliver on our commitments.
- Can-Do Attitude. We are solution-focused, resourceful problem solvers who tackle every challenge with positivity and enthusiasm.
We are consistently listed among Inc & Crain's "Best Places to Work" and we're proud of our accessible & engaged executive team. We believe in cultivating an atmosphere of inclusion, and providing an environment that enables every employee to work to the best of their ability.
Some of Our Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Quarterly profit sharing for all employees
- Company-funded 401k contributions
- Subsidized individual & family health insurance plans
- Ongoing company-funded professional development & education
- Transparent, candid culture with 1:1 coaching, quarterly performance reviews, and a consistent feedback loop
- Team-building events
- Community involvement opportunities
- Quirky, diverse, respectful, high-performing coworkers you’ll want to achieve greatness with!
Myriad360 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.