Who You Are
You are ambitious and have a voracious thirst for knowledge. You are as confident in your technical skills as you are in your people skills. You love working with clients, and seeing your contributions drive not only your own success, but that of clients and internal partners alike. You are eager to jump in and make a significant impact in the security space.
You have at least 7 years experience in network engineering and architecture with significant focus in security products. You have professional level certifications and/or partner-specific certifications (think Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Palo Alto, Fortinet, etc). Those are paired with a deep understanding of best practices concerning various networking and security technologies and the ability to attend client meetings as necessary, whom are primarily in the New York/Tristate area.
About The Role
The Solutions Architecture Pre-sales team at Myriad360 solves customer needs by assessing requirements, identifying solution candidates, working with account management teams and engaging our distributors to provide appropriate products and services to our customers. This team has a joint role in both product and services sales, including directly offered Myriad360 services.
As a Solutions Architect, you’ll be responsible for talking with customers on a frequent basis to understand their business initiatives and information technology investments, assess their requirements, and prepare bills of material and conceptual design for customers. You’ll also be aggressively invested in learning about new technologies and vendors. You’ll partner very closely with your colleagues in the post-sales teams (delivery and project management), account teams, and marketing teams. You will provide insight to sales operations on what our customers are interested in and how best to serve those interests.
This role is accountable for:
- Understand customer business needs through excellent communication and relationship management
- Helping shape engineering culture
- Build and shape enablement content
- Obtain and carry certifications for the business
- Identify customer requirements, and evolve customer and internal understanding of the market, products and services
- Prepare solutions proposals to include products and consulting services for implementation, effectively balancing value propositions between Myriad360 and the customer
- Engage in continuous learning on new technologies and products, including R&D and lab work
- Provide cross-technology guidance across the whole solution stack, not just a narrow product line definition
- Deliver world-class experience to our customers
- Relevant networking experience and certifications (PCNSE, PCNSA, PCNSC, CCIE/CCNP, CCDE/CCDP, JNCIE/JNCIP)
- Experience with network, application and infrastructure security solutions
- Deep knowledge of security frameworks e.g. MITRE ATT&CK, CIA triad, etc.
- Minimum 7 years experience in security and network engineering and architecture
- Customer relationship management experience, including adversarial techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication, technical writing and diagramming skills
- Have an aptitude for leading customer conversations where required
- Knowledge of multi-vendor environments and the challenges therein
- Specific knowledge of at least one of Palo Alto, Cisco, Juniper or Fortinet
- Operational experience in networking environments
- Expert-level security background
- Experience working unsupervised in a ROWE
- Advanced time, expectation and knowledge management skills
- Basic account and sales management knowledge including familiarity with quota, GP and rebate programs
- Knowledge of the security ecosystem including areas such as MDR, e-mail security, SIEM, IDS/IPS
- Comprehensive experience with penetration testing, vulnerability scanning and web application security assessments
- Knowledge of WAF products e.g. Imperva, F5
- Expertise with Rapid7 or Tenable vulnerability management and exploitation products
- Knowledge of patch management solutions and other systems security management solutions
- Knowledge of PowerShell and Windows systems management
- Deep knowledge of security frameworks e.g. MITRE ATT&CK, CIA triad, etc.
- Deep knowledge of TCP, UDP and multicast
- Basic knowledge of routing protocol and infrastructure security
- Experience at other VARs or OEMs
- Knowledge of current-generation networking solution stacks, including MC-LAG, 802.1X, EVPN, VXLAN, MACSec, SDN
- Knowledge of F5/A10 ADCs and related solution set
- Multi-vendor knowledge around network security products (e.g. firewalls, SSL VPN, zero trust) and related solution set
- Deep OEM knowledge in Palo Alto Networks
- Basic knowledge of non-network OEMs with networking solutions e.g. HPE ProCurve
- Basic knowledge of systems languages (interpreted or compiled) such as Python, C, Go, Ruby, Perl
- Some SRE knowledge and/or network automation knowledge highly desired, specifically knowledge of Redis, Storm, Kafka, Ansible, Saltstack
- Some knowledge of storage, compute and virtualization
- Knowledge of common networking requirements trees by customers
10-20% travel required outside of NYC Metro
Daily accessibility to NYC Metro required, though many clients prefer remote meetings
This role's day-to-day is spent as the go-to technical resource for Account Executives and their clients. That means there is ample time spent in client meetings, creating and documenting architectural designs, and collaborating with other Solutions Architects, Professional Services Specialists, and Myriad's partners to execute on technical solutions that address our client's business challenges.
From a strategic standpoint, we expect the person in this role to be keyed into emerging customer trends and needs, while collaborating with our product development team to create repeatable solutions to address those identified needs.
A Little About Us
We help organizations build their best IT infrastructure, and we are rapidly growing as a premier consultancy and integrator.
We live and breathe our core values:
- Caring. We act with compassion, respect, integrity and professionalism. We are willing to lend a hand.
- Dare to be Great. We take initiative, challenge ourselves to be great, and lead by example.
- Constant Improvement. We are inquisitive learners who apply new knowledge to improve ourselves and our work.
- Accountable. We do what we say, create clarity, focus on results, and take full ownership to deliver on our commitments.
- Can-Do Attitude. We are solution-focused, resourceful problem solvers who tackle every challenge with positivity and enthusiasm.
We are consistently listed among Inc & Crain's "Best Places to Work" and we're proud of our accessible & engaged executive team. We believe in cultivating an atmosphere of inclusion, and providing an environment that enables every employee to work to the best of their ability.
Some of Our Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Quarterly profit sharing for all employees
- Company-funded 401k contributions
- Subsidized individual & family health insurance plans
- Ongoing company-funded professional development & education
- Transparent, candid culture with 1:1 coaching, quarterly performance reviews, and a consistent feedback loop
- Team-building events
- Stocked kitchen with healthy goodies
- Community involvement opportunities
- Quirky, diverse, respectful, high-performing coworkers you’ll want to achieve greatness with!
Myriad360 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.