As a Senior Product Strategist at Myplanet, you're one part Product Owner, one part Project Manager, one part ScrumMaster, and one part Client Manager. Reporting to our VP, Product Strategy, you'll collaborate externally with clients and internally with our multi-disciplinary teams to set the vision for engagements and translate it into a strategy.
- Serve as the primary contact for our customers and advocate for both the user and business throughout the software development lifecycle
- Use Agile Project Management while working with teams of designers and developers to create a product backlog and release plan, ensuring delivery within agreed upon scope, quality, schedule, and budget to achieve measurable business outcomes
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers and researchers to gather and summarize requirements as you develop solutions that meet project needs
- Lead workshops, planning sessions, and product demos for the project and ensure the production of necessary artefacts
- Share knowledge with Myplanet on progress and blocks, including highlighting new opportunities for growth within the key accounts and identifying issues and escalating for maximum transparency
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years experience with planning, delegation, supporting and motivating your team members
- Experience leading Agile product development and an understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with Lean UX methodology—designing product experiments, validating product ideas, and analyzing fit to justify incremental investment—and experience designing, creating and facilitating workshops to help guide strategic decision-making for groups with competing goals
- Comfort conducting both primary and secondary research and the ability to summarize customer and user feedback, product analytics, and competitive research
- Extreme attention to detail
- Design and/or technical background preferred
- B2B/B2C marketing or omnichannel retail experience a benefit
Is this Role a Fit for You?
The Product Strategist role emphasizes interpersonal skills, task planning and management, and an understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (including the importance of the design process) in the context of professional services. You’ll find fulfillment in the role if you:
- Delight in making things. You thrill at the concept of going beyond the theoretical and applying your ideas, skills, and expertise to products used by people every day.
- Find passion in new challenges. Every chance to learn and move things forward with your can-do attitude or to share your entrepreneurship excites you.
- Thoroughly enjoy collaborative work. Knowledge sharing and the chance to be part of a team who co-own the output, instead of a solo hero who lives and dies by their work alone, is important to you.
Benefits and Perks
- Explore ongoing opportunities for professional development: training, conferences, certifications, and in-house peer mentorship
- Experiment with new techniques, wear multiple hats, and learn about new disciplines.
- Pursue independent projects, explore new ideas, and challenge yourself in your field with 5 days of dedicated “Awesome time” (self-directed professional development) annually and quarterly training budgets
- Enjoy a flexible schedule of full-time hours, health/dental benefits, and private US coverage
- Our Toronto office is a modern, ergonomic space complete with standing/sitting desks and an open-concept social atmosphere
- Additional perks are available including in-house mindfulness training, an employee stock option plan, remote group get-togethers, and more!
Performance and Growth Expectations
Our environment is not your average, hierarchical software studio: we emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities. Your work will be measured using our 360-degree system (a combination of peer and supervisor feedback) and will also be measured on the basis of client and user satisfaction. Your growth path is in your hands— you’ll have ongoing meetings with a mentor and professional guide to help determine your path, but your progress will be based on what you hope to achieve and how you choose to access the resources available to you.
We're a software studio with an integrated team of designers, developers, and product managers making smarter interfaces for the world's most influential companies. We believe that great software should do more on behalf of users, helping to empower employees and engage customers. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada with studio presence in Vancouver, Chicago, and San Jose, Costa Rica, we're a team of over 100 designers, developers, product managers and enablers hell-bent on making the workplace better.
Committed to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.