Do you love mixing the nuts-n-bolts of code with the real-world interactions of users? Do you have a keen interest in not just implementing what already exists, but in exploring what could be done? Are you often compared to a one-man band because of your ability to have multiple skills working for you all at the same time? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this could be the job for you!
- Collaborate with other developers, designers and team members in creation and implementation of project work
- Prioritize and estimate work to be done alongside designers and Product Owner to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Stay up to date with new/emerging technologies to implement improved practices or to overcome technical issues
- See an application through its full lifecycle from requirements gathering to production support
- Uphold a very high quality standard
- Be transparent about progress
Is the Role a Fit for You?
- Delight in making things. You thrill at the concept of going beyond the theoretical and applying your ideas, skills and expertise to products used by real people every single day.
- Find passion in new challenges. You relish every opportunity to move things forward with your can-do attitude and eagerly share your entrepreneurial spark.
- Thoroughly enjoy collaborative work. You enjoy knowledge sharing in all directions and you geek out at the chance to improve skills across disciplines for you and your teammates. Most importantly, you relish the opportunity to be part of a team of development warriors who co-own the output, instead of a solo development hero who lives and dies by their work alone.
Skills & Qualifications
- A degree in a related discipline preferable
- Minimum 5 years industry experience working as a front-end development professional
- Understanding of modern web development paradigms
- Understanding of database technologies such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Understanding of fundamental computer science and software engineering principles
- Knowing the intricacies of working with different browsers (different vendors, old and new versions, mobile versus desktop)
- Strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
Performance & Growth Expectations
- Your work as a development team member will be measured using our 360-degree system (a combination of peer and supervisor feedback) and will also be measured on the basis of client and user satisfaction.
- We place emphasis on recognizing accomplishments, responsibilities, knowledge, and impact on others, rather than title.
- Your growth path in your functional domain will be primarily your own responsibility to define, based on what you hope to achieve and how you choose to access the resources available to you.
Benefits & Perks
- Explore ongoing opportunities for professional development: training, conferences, certifications, and in-house peer mentorship
- Experiment with new techniques, wear multiple hats, and learn about new disciplines. Our environment is not your average, hierarchical development shop: we emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities
- Pursue independent projects, explore new ideas, and challenge yourself to become a thought leader in your field with 5 days of dedicated “Awesome time” (self-directed professional development) annually and quarterly training budgets
- Enjoy a flexible schedule of full-time hours, health/dental benefits and private US coverage
- Work from a modern, ergonomic space complete with standing/sitting desks and an open-concept social atmosphere
- Additional perks based on employee feedback and interest, including in-house mindfulness training, yoga, group get-togethers and more!
We're a software studio with an integrated team of designers and developers. We make smarter interfaces for the world's most influential companies by implementing leading software platforms from Acquia, IBM, and Salesforce to empower your employees and engage your customers. Headquartered in Toronto, with studio presence in Vancouver, San Jose, and Chicago, we're a team of over 100 designers, developers, product managers & enablers hell-bent on making the workplace better.
A Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we work to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.