Do you like the nitty-gritty details of development as much as you like cultivating customer understanding in why those details matter? The Solutions Architect (SA) role at Myplanet is destined for someone who knows Drupal and general web development like the back of their hand, but also has an interest in growing business opportunities using their strong relationship management skills. As a Solutions Architect, you’ll be a production-focused pro that pairs the technical knowledge required to observe, diagnose, and solve problems with the written and verbal skills required to be a trusted advisor to our most strategic accounts. If you like building great things with Drupal and then communicating their excellence to stakeholders, this might just be the job for you.
- Guide early-stage project progress, including discovery, technical strategy and assistance, scoping and architecture development
- Develop and maintain customer and partner relationships through excellent customer management and by providing strong technical leadership to customer teams
- Connect clients with appropriate subject matter experts on key topics
- Resolve QA issues with developers
- Oversee the roll-out process for new functionality and updates to our clients’ sites
- Communicate with and guide external parties (for example, stakeholders) where necessary to ensure effective approval of work
- Collaborate with developers, designers and customers to guide projects to a successful outcome
- Contribute regularly to Myplanet’s content-generation efforts
- Some travel may be required with this position
Is the Role a Fit for You?
The Solutions Architect role is best suited to someone with a unique combination of traits and skills. You’ll be most content in the role if you…
- Delight in building things. You thrill at the concept of going beyond the theoretical and applying your ideas, skills and expertise to the production environment as you create products used by real people every single day.
- Find passion in new challenges. You relish every opportunity to move things forward with your can-do attitude and are comfortable translating that passion to customers and coworkers alike, brokering mutually agreeable outcomes for internal and external stakeholders.
- Thoroughly enjoy collaborative work. You enjoy knowledge sharing in all directions and you geek out at the chance to improve skills across disciplines for you and your teammates. Most importantly, you relish the opportunity to be part of a team of practitioners who co-own the output, instead of a solo tech hero who lives and dies by their work alone.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A college or university degree in a related field (computer science/technical field or business) or equivalent, demonstrable work experience
- Deep knowledge of web site and application architecture, including configuring and troubleshooting a variety of web site recipes, including Drupal, Front-End Applications, etc.
- Proven record of successful customer relationship management and customer satisfaction
- Familiarity with alternate CMS technologies and/or relevant open-source experience
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and demands at one time
Performance & Growth Expectations:
- Your work as a technology team member will be measured using our 360-degree system (a combination of peer and supervisor feedback) and will also be measured on the basis of client and user satisfaction
- We place emphasis on recognizing accomplishments, responsibilities, knowledge, and impact on others, rather than title.
- Your growth path in your functional domain is in your hands—you’ll meet regularly with a mentor and professional guide to help define your path, but your progress will be based on what you hope to achieve and how you choose to access the resources available to you.
Benefits & Perks:
- Explore ongoing opportunities for professional development: training, conferences, certifications, and in-house peer mentorship
- Experiment with new techniques, wear multiple hats, and learn about new disciplines. We emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities
- Pursue independent projects, explore new ideas, and challenge yourself to become a thought leader in your field with 5 days of dedicated “Awesome time” (self-directed professional development) annually
- Enjoy a flexible schedule of full-time hours, health/dental benefits and private US coverage
- Work from a modern, ergonomic space complete with standing/sitting desks and an open-concept social atmosphere
We're a software studio with an integrated team of designers and developers. We make smarter interfaces for the world's most influential companies by implementing leading software platforms from Acquia, IBM, and Salesforce to empower your employees and engage your customers. Headquartered in Toronto, with studio presence in Vancouver, San Jose, and Chicago, we're a team of over 90 designers, developers, product managers & enablers hell-bent on making the workplace better.
A Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we work to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.