We’re looking for an HR Generalist to join our team! In this position, you’ll report to our Head of HR and will be responsible for building high trust and impactful relationships with employees and leaders at all levels. You’ll put into action your knowledge of human resources functions to support and implement HR initiatives across the company to increase organizational effectiveness and positively impact business results.
You’ll use sound judgement, people acumen, and practical experience to help develop, engage and retain employees. You’ll work closely with HR & Culture to support a wide range of employment-related matters including performance development, coaching, employee relations, retention, health & safety, and interpretation of employment policies and practices.
Your work will impact each and every Myplaneteer. If this is something that excites you, we want to hear from you.
- Works closely with leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Support processes related to new hires, promotions, internal transfers and offboarding
- Assist in administering benefits, compensation, and employee development programs
- Participate in the new hire onboarding process and contribute ideas and strategies to continuously deliver an exceptional experience
- Participate in the development and administration of Health & Safety programs in a remote-first context
- Bring unique ideas and suggestions to create and maintain Wellness programs and initiatives
- Support the HR & Culture teams with providing people management support and advice to leaders in the company, enabling informed decisions. (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, succession planning and performance management actions)
- Support and provide input into headcount/growth planning, talent management and succession planning
- Support the build and delivery of cross-functional talent initiatives, programs and events through strong and collaborative relationships and by promoting and educating employees on what they are throughout
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Post-secondary education in HR, business, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 3-5 years proven experience working in an HR department with experience partnering with HR professionals and implementing HR initiatives
- Performance Development programs
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Track record of building high-trust relationships
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Passion for helping leaders to develop, motivate and coach their team members
- Strong sense of curiosity, keen to desire to learn about new things
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, always changing environment
- Knowledge of HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technology systems as needed
Benefits & Perks
- Explore ongoing opportunities for professional development: training, conferences, certifications, and in-house peer mentorship
- Experiment with new techniques, wear multiple hats and learn about new disciplines
- Pursue independent projects, explore new ideas, and challenge yourself in your field with dedicated “Awesome time” (self-directed professional development) annually and quarterly training budgets
- Enjoy a flexible schedule of full-time hours, health/dental benefits, and private US coverage
- Our Toronto office is a modern, ergonomic space complete with standing/sitting desks and an open-concept social atmosphere
- Additional perks are available including in-house mindfulness training, an employee stock option plan, remote group get-togethers, and more!
Performance and Growth Expectations
Our environment is not your average, hierarchical software studio: we emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities. Your work will be measured using our performance development system (a combination of peer and supervisor feedback) and will also be measured on the basis of customer and user satisfaction. Your growth path is in your hands— you’ll have ongoing meetings with your manager to help determine your path, but your progress will be based on what you hope to achieve and how you choose to access the resources available to you.
Myplanet is a software studio and certified BCorp. Based in Toronto with global studio presence, we’re working with the world’s most influential organizations to catalyze change across business silos.
Drawing from a range of talents and perspectives, our team brings together data, systems thinking, and curiosity to build next generation experiences. We’re tackling mission-critical digital challenges for businesses by taking the millions of moments of interaction they have with customers every day and surfacing key opportunities to engage and connect within those moments.
We’re building deep capabilities in data-driven design, AI implementation, and personalization, while forming strong partnerships with leaders in machine learning, hardware development, and IoT platforms. We’re shaping the way organizations use technology to deliver context-aware, multi-interface experiences that equip them to meet their business goals.
While headquartered in Toronto, Canada, we're a remote-first company of over 100 employees.
Committed to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Committed to Social and Environmental Stewardship
Myplanet is committed to promoting and working towards a more socially and environmentally sustainable future. All employees are expected to make decisions and take actions in relation to their role and work that follow through on this commitment.