We’re looking for a Software Developer who approaches technology with curiosity to contribute to our evolving offerings around customer data activation. In this role, you’ll report to the Head of Product Engineering and will work as part of a cross-functional team to help to lead the exploration, experimentation, and development of our service offerings around customer data platforms and customer data activation. You will work alongside other members of the Product function on the design and development of software solution accelerators that are used across our organization as the platform for the services projects we deliver for our customers. You have hands-on experience with customer data technology providers such as Segment, Tealium, Dynamic Yield, Google Optimize, along with a wide variety of marketing technologies.
- Research and recommend the technologies and architectural patterns that provide for the best trade-offs between platform longevity and the flexibility required to meet diverse customer needs
- Plan and execute development features to deliver new capabilities for our customer data activation service accelerators
- Provide consultation to other developers, both within our product development and professional services delivery teams
- Collaborate with our technology partners to identify the best patterns and approaches to integrate their technologies into our service accelerators and reference architectures
- Deliver technical presentations and demos to our technology partners and prospective customers
Is the Role a Fit for You?
The Software Developer, Customer Data Activation, role emphasizes team collaboration, technical proficiency, and leadership in your area of expertise. You’ll find fulfillment in the role if you:
- Embrace ambiguity and uncertainty. You appreciate the lean approach to product development and are excited to pivot in response to new research and customer feedback
- Delight in making things. You thrill at the concept of going beyond the theoretical and applying your ideas, skills, and expertise to products used by people every day
- Find passion in new challenges. Every chance to learn and move things forward with your can-do attitude or to share your entrepreneurship excites you
- Thoroughly enjoy collaborative work. Knowledge sharing and the chance to be part of a team who co-own the output, instead of a solo hero who lives and dies by their work alone, is important to you
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure etc.
- Experience working with webhooks, APIs, GraphQL and data lakes
- Industry experience in eCommerce or with retail technology
- Some experience and open to working with front end
- Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and Software Engineering principles
- Experience leading by influence within teams of developers that are working on research, prototyping, and technical decision making is ideal
- Understanding of customer data platforms and marketing technologies such as Segment, Tealium, Dynamic Yield, Google Optimize, and others is an asset
Benefits and Perks
- Explore ongoing opportunities for professional development: training, conferences, certifications, and in-house peer mentorship
- Experiment with new techniques, wear multiple hats, and learn about new disciplines.
- Pursue independent projects, explore new ideas, and challenge yourself in your field with dedicated “Awesome time” (self-directed professional development) annually and quarterly training budgets
- Enjoy a flexible schedule of full-time hours, health/dental benefits, and private US coverage
- Our Toronto HQ office is a modern, ergonomic space complete with standing/sitting desks and an open-concept social atmosphere
- Additional perks are available including in-house mindfulness training, an employee stock option plan, remote group get-togethers, and more!
Performance and Growth Expectations
Our environment is not your average, hierarchical software studio: we emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities. Your work will be measured using our 360-degree system (a combination of peer and supervisor feedback) and will also be measured on the basis of client and user satisfaction. Your growth path is in your hands— you’ll have ongoing meetings with a mentor and professional guide to help determine your path, but your progress will be based on what you hope to achieve and how you choose to access the resources available to you.
Myplanet is a software studio and certified BCorp. Based in Toronto with global studio presence, we’re working with the world’s most influential organizations to catalyze change across business silos.
Drawing from a range of talents and perspectives, our team brings together data, systems thinking, and curiosity to build next generation experiences. We’re tackling mission-critical digital challenges for businesses by taking the millions of moments of interaction they have with customers every day and surfacing key opportunities to engage and connect within those moments.
We’re building deep capabilities in data-driven design, AI implementation, and personalization, while forming strong partnerships with leaders in machine learning, hardware development, and IoT platforms. We’re shaping the way organizations use technology to deliver context-aware, multi-interface experiences that equip them to meet their business goals.
While headquartered in Toronto, Canada, we're a remote-first company of over 100 employees.
Committed to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Committed to Social and Environmental Stewardship
Myplanet is committed to promoting and working towards a more socially and environmentally sustainable future. All employees are expected to make decisions and take actions in relation to their role and work that follow through on this commitment.