As a Tech Lead at Myplanet, you'll report directly to our Director, Software Development — Digital Programs, as you build digital e-commerce products for high-profile enterprise clients using your extensive experience with industry leading OMS, POS and ERP systems. With plenty of technical challenges and opportunities to learn as you go, you'll work as part of our autonomous Agile teams to develop new tools for our clients.
Is the Role a Fit for You?
The Tech Lead role emphasizes e-commerce domain knowledge and application integration skills. You’ll find fulfillment in the role if you:
- Enjoy applying and extending your deep knowledge of e-commerce component systems and data flows to help clients build seamless, engaging experiences for customers.
- Find passion in new challenges. You have an entrepreneurial spirit where you take every chance to learn and move things forward with your can-do attitude.
- Thoroughly enjoy collaborative work. Be part of an ecosystem of teams who co-own the outputs, instead of a solo hero who lives and dies by their work. Knowledge sharing is important to you.
- Contribute as a billable team member on a focus project, typically as a hands on Technical Lead or Architect.
- Play a senior client‐facing, consulting role for specific areas of domain expertise.
- Document and diagram designs to communicate technical solutions with project stakeholders. Defend your decisions and manage expectations.
- Prioritize and estimate work to be done alongside designers and Engagement Managers to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget. Be transparent about progress.
- Subject matter expert in e-commerce topics such as data organization, product and catalog modeling, and pricing.
- Analyze and optimize data flows in order to improve functionality and performance.
Skills and Qualifications
- Understanding of modern architecture including: alternative API access mechanisms, observability, fault tolerance, and scalability using cloud technologies.
- Strong understanding of DevOps including: automated deployment tools, automated integration and unit testing tools, code quality test tools, and feature flags.
- Experience with at least one of the following: (1) order management systems (OMS) such as Sterling, Manhattan, Salesforce or SAP; or (2) retail point of sale (POS) system such as Lightspeed, KWI or NetSuite.
- Experience with at least one enterprise resource planning (ERP) system such as NetSuite, SAP, Full Circle or Infor M3.
- Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and Software Engineering principles.
- Experience with implementation and solution design on commerce and content management platforms.
- Experience with other e-commerce component technologies such as CMS, PIM, CDP and CIAM systems.
Performance and Growth Expectations
Our environment is not your average, hierarchical software studio: we emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities. Your work will be measured using our 360-degree system (a combination of peer and supervisor feedback) and will also be measured on the basis of client and user satisfaction. Your growth path is in your hands— you’ll have ongoing meetings with a manager to help determine your path, but your progress will be based on what you hope to achieve and how you choose to access the resources available to you.
Myplanet is a software studio and certified BCorp. Based in Toronto with global studio presence, we’re working with the world’s most influential organizations to catalyze change across business silos.
Drawing from a range of talents and perspectives, our team brings together data, systems thinking, and curiosity to build next generation experiences. We’re tackling mission-critical digital challenges for businesses by taking the millions of moments of interaction they have with customers every day and surfacing key opportunities to engage and connect within those moments.
We’re building deep capabilities in data-driven design, composable headless architectures, and personalization, while forming strong partnerships with leaders in commerce, content management and payments. We’re shaping the way organizations use technology to deliver context-aware, omni-channel experiences that equip them to meet their business goals.
While headquartered in Toronto, Canada, we're a remote-first company of over 150 employees.
Committed to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Committed to Social and Environmental Stewardship
Myplanet is committed to promoting and working towards a more socially and environmentally sustainable future. All employees are expected to make decisions and take actions in relation to their role and work that follow through on this commitment.