As an Account Director, you'll work with current customers to turn ideas and opportunities into planned design and development projects. You're a people person - able to build relationships and trust - and you love working with customers. You have experience in a design or development agency, and understand the complexity of scoping and delivering project work. Experience working as a product manager, strategist or delivery manager is a must. You need to have an understanding of software design and development for various user interfaces around the consumer, B2B, and workplace tools, including eCommerce platforms, portals, mobile development, and conversational interfaces. You have a breadth of knowledge and can help advise on software/technology. You have experience leading strategic programs spanning multiple stakeholders and multi-year projects.
- Working collaboratively with the account services team, you'll shepherd opportunities through our sales process, including pitch and SOW development
- Contribute to and maintain account plans
- Accountable for existing customer growth and building relationships across departments - negotiating renewals, expanding our reach, and surfacing new ideas to our customers.
- Support new business development within existing customers
- Manage existing accounts, account plans, and serving as a point of first contact for your clients within Myplanet
- Maintain strong working relationships with production teams, to support the delivery of work according to the scope and with a high degree of quality
- Attend and participate in meetups, conferences, and other industry events
- Review delivery teams’ implementation to ensure alignment to vision, goals, and that the solution is meeting the identified success criteria / KPIs
- You'll help lead roadmap planning, various design and strategic workshops, quarterly business reviews, and project check-ins as a trusted advisor to the client
Skills & Qualifications
- At least five years experience working in a professional services customer-facing role; must be comfortable communicating with clients
- Degree in business, marketing, or equivalent work experience (e.g. digital marketing, product management)
- An understanding of and familiarity working with websites, e-commerce experiences, chatbot/conversational interfaces, or other digital offerings
- Comfortable juggling many responsibilities at one time and playing different roles on the team and in projects if necessary
- Presentation skills to showcase learnings and recommendations and to gain stakeholder buy-in
- Experience in aligning teams with a history of bringing several stakeholders needs together through collaborative work
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Prior experience with Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics, GAIQ certification an asset
- Experience working with conversion rate optimization (CRO) and/or A/B and Multivariate
Is the role a fit for you?
The role emphasizes team collaboration, user-centred thinking and business acumen, as well as strong account and relationship management. We value leaders with a maker's attitude, collaborative energy, and entrepreneurial spirit. You’ll find fulfillment in the role if…
- You are passionate about client engagement. You can't sleep properly if we might miss a commitment, or even an opportunity to delight those we serve. You appreciate that these relationships create the ability to collaboratively define the product strategy for our upcoming client projects.
- You have an interest in making the business work. You’re an entrepreneur at heart. You see your craft as a tool that can solve business challenges, not merely an artistic craft. You’re willing to wear different hats to will move the business forward.
- Delight in making things. You thrill at the concept of helping teams deliver a concrete product, not merely a strategy or concept. You have an eye for detail and know-how to get the highest performance out of creative types. You’ve got a solid handle on your technical domain.
- Find passion in learning new things. You relish every opportunity to move things forward with your can-do attitude and you eagerly share your entrepreneurial spark. You like depth, but if you only have time to skim the surface, you can get up to speed quickly and think critically about what you’ve learned.
- Thoroughly enjoy collaborative work and servant leadership. You enjoy knowledge sharing in all directions and you geek out at the chance to improve skills across disciplines for you and your teammates. You genuinely care about what makes people tick, and you’re committed to helping others succeed by putting the team’s needs first.
Benefits & Perks
- Explore ongoing opportunities for professional development: training, conferences, certifications, and in-house peer mentorship
- Experiment with new techniques, wear multiple hats and learn about new disciplines
- Pursue independent projects, explore new ideas, and challenge yourself in your field with dedicated “Awesome time” (self-directed professional development) annually and quarterly training budgets
- Enjoy a flexible schedule of full-time hours, health/dental benefits, and private US coverage
- Our Toronto office is a modern, ergonomic space complete with standing/sitting desks and an open-concept social atmosphere
- Additional perks are available including in-house mindfulness training, an employee stock option plan, remote group get-togethers, and more!
Performance and Growth Expectations
Our environment is not your average, hierarchical software studio: we emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities. Your work will be measured using our performance development system (a combination of peer and supervisor feedback) and will also be measured on the basis of customer and user satisfaction. Your growth path is in your hands— you’ll have ongoing meetings with your manager to help determine your path, but your progress will be based on what you hope to achieve and how you choose to access the resources available to you.
On top of base salary and benefits, this role operates on a commission-based booking incentive tied to your book of business and offers participation in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
Myplanet is a software studio and certified BCorp. Based in Toronto with a global studio presence, we’re working with the world’s most influential organizations to catalyze change across business silos.
Drawing from a range of talents and perspectives, our team brings together data, systems thinking, and curiosity to build next-generation experiences. We’re tackling mission-critical digital challenges for businesses by taking the millions of moments of interaction they have with customers every day and surfacing key opportunities to engage and connect within those moments.
We’re building deep capabilities in data-driven design, AI implementation, and personalization while forming strong partnerships with leaders in machine learning, hardware development, and IoT platforms. We’re shaping the way organizations use technology to deliver context-aware, multi-interface experiences that equip them to meet their business goals.
While headquartered in Toronto, Canada, we're a remote-first company of over 100 employees.
Committed to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Committed to Social and Environmental Stewardship
Myplanet is committed to promoting and working towards a more socially and environmentally sustainable future. All employees are expected to make decisions and take actions in relation to their role and work that follow through on this commitment.