The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for directing product development with a keen sense of data-based validation and continuous improvement. Your diverse industry knowledge and skill in multi-disciplinary collaboration will help you succeed in bringing to life internal and client products. You’ll be responsible for: using a lean product methodology to explore and validate market demand, translating the demand into meaningful and actionable product requirements, communicating the product vision and roadmap to achieve executive alignment, and collaborating with Engineering and Design to help ensure we bring validated product features to market quickly.
As your exciting first project, you will direct the vision, strategy, roadmap, and execution for a pivotal internal design system. This design system will fuel our ability to reduce time to market with validated patterns. It will be used with our work with major brands in our platform solutions and will fuel our growth. You will refine and define systems that can simplify the design, development, and testing of digital interfaces with a strong data-driven approach. To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader who is reliable and keeps the momentum through alignment across stakeholders.
- Execute a lean product lifecycle management methodology to create, validate, and refine product hypotheses
- Conduct market research, competitive analysis, and customer analysis to maintain a demonstrable understanding of the market, customers and opportunities that may exist
- Manage a living product roadmap, its supporting use cases and business rationale
- Build an ongoing operating plan to manage, support and continuously improve the product
- Incorporate measurement strategies to ensure insights are available with both leading and lagging indicators for relevant business metrics
- Collaborate with design and engineering in the research, prototyping and articulation of the product
- Ensure products and releases are planned and launched on schedule as demonstrable increments of value
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Business, Design, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- 7+ years of Lean Product Management and execution experience, including experience bringing a Greenfield product to market
- Previous experience with Cloud-based software systems, data analytics, multi-varied testing, and content personalization
- Preference for product management or domain experience in world-class online commerce
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to lead through influence
- Proven ability to think strategically about overall business objectives and goals and to bring diverse views together around a single vision
Benefits and Perks
- Explore ongoing opportunities for professional development: training, conferences, certifications, and in-house peer mentorship
- Experiment with new techniques, wear multiple hats and learn about new disciplines.
- Pursue independent projects, explore new ideas, and challenge yourself in your field with 5 days of dedicated “Awesome time” (self-directed professional development) annually and quarterly training budgets
- Enjoy a flexible schedule of full-time hours, health/dental benefits, and private US coverage
- Our Toronto office is a modern, ergonomic space complete with standing/sitting desks and an open-concept social atmosphere
- Additional perks are available including in-house mindfulness training, an employee stock option plan, remote group get-togethers, and more!
Performance and Growth Expectations
Our environment is not your average, hierarchical software studio: we emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities. Your work will be measured using our 360-degree system (a combination of peer and supervisor feedback) and will also be measured based on goals set in collaboration with the leadership team. Your growth path is in your hands— you’ll have ongoing meetings with a mentor and professional guide to help determine your path, but your progress will be based on what you hope to achieve and how you choose to access the resources available to you.
We're a software studio with an integrated team of designers, developers, and product managers making smarter interfaces for the world's most influential companies. We believe that great software should do more on behalf of users, helping to empower employees and engage customers. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada with studio presence in Vancouver, Chicago, and San Jose, Costa Rica, we're a team of over 100 designers, developers, product managers and enablers hell-bent on making the workplace better.