We’re Myplanet Ventures, helping startup and established companies launch new ventures. We’re a team of talented developers, designers and strategists, who collaborate closely with partners and customers to quickly identify opportunities, prototype solutions, and validate business/technology ideas. In practice, we dive deeply into different challenges every 6-8 weeks, moving from Deep Learning to Augmented Reality to Conversational UIs, always focused on making an impact for our customers and partners. We’re looking for great humans to join our cause.
We’re looking for a mad scientist, comfortable moving between known and uncertain technologies, adept at finding/creating shortcuts, that enable the team to deliver value in accelerated timelines. A versatile, vocal, pragmatic, futurist who can advocate their vision, while playing nicely with others, and striving for the best possible user experience in the time available.
- Assume role of technical lead, partnering closely with the team to set strategy, technology delivery and validation methods to prove the hypotheses
- Guide early-stage project progress, including discovery, technical strategy and assistance, scoping and architecture development
- Provide technical leadership and hands-on contribution to software products
- Build MVPs that help validate user demand and product-market fit, for and with customers/partners
- Mentor other team members, helping them grow and improve their tradecraft
- Be a vocal member of the technical community, demonstrating Myplanet’s value in the ecosystem
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with a variety of programming languages and frameworks
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent program
- Experience building complex systems in accelerated timelines
- Experience mentoring and leading other humans to do great things
- Deep Knowledge of Conversational Interfaces (IVR, Alexa, SMS, Google Assistant), Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, and/or Augmented/Mixed/Virtual Reality
- Comfort and experience prototyping with controller boards, like Raspberry Pi or Arduino
- Superb oral and written communication skills, with the ability to convey technical concepts simply, as well as turn non-technical requirements into technical specifications
Benefits & Perks:
- Explore ongoing opportunities for professional development: training, conferences, certifications, and in-house peer mentorship
- Experiment with new techniques, wear multiple hats, and learn about new disciplines. We emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities
- Pursue independent projects, explore new ideas, and challenge yourself to become a thought leader in your field with 5 days of dedicated “Awesome time” (self-directed professional development) annually
- Enjoy a flexible schedule of full-time hours, health/dental benefits and private US coverage
- Work from a modern, ergonomic space complete with standing/sitting desks and an open-concept social atmosphere
Commitment to Inclusion
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we work to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.