You will be a critical part of Myplanet’s achievement of our vision. We are searching for an Associate Director of Voice and AI Professional Services to lead our teams working with Google, Amazon, IBM and other emerging Voice and Artificial Intelligence partners. Together, we can define the future of technology-augmented workplace and customer experiences.
As an Associate Director at Myplanet, you’ll mentor, critique, and foster growth for a group of 10 - 15 developers embedded on several multidisciplinary teams within a 50-person unit. You’ll coach others to deliver amazing work, build relationships with customers, and foster a strong technology culture. You’ll work as a member of our Extended Leadership Team to grow accounts and win new business. You’ll wear various hats and let your entrepreneurial spirit fly (or run, or swim, or teleport...) It’s a tall, incredibly rewarding order.
Alongside our Client Services and Design leaders, here is how you’ll spend your time:
- 50% - Build strategic relationships with new customers, help define customer technology strategy and vision, and scope & pitch our work together, contributing directly toward our quarterly bookings objectives. Define business strategy as a tech thinker: continuously examine and assess Myplanet’s technology services, explore new competitive offerings, and build capabilities.
- 25% - Support our delivery teams: provide technical guidance, critique, and mentorship to help your team deliver the best possible work for our customers. Be ready to roll up your sleeves where necessary to provide hands-on support.
- 15% - Grow and engage our talent: engage and grow your team by providing regular coaching and feedback on operational performance, functional expertise, and career development. Drive internal activities that promote tech culture. Foster relationships with talent in the industry to bring new expertise on board.
- 10% - Plan & communicate: Provide insight into the health of your team and projects, and plan effective assignments that match the interests and expertise of your staff.
What this Role is NOT
- A traditional ‘approve everything’ engineering manager role.
- A management role which is fully unbilled; i.e. you'll still have some time allocated to direct involvement in a few projects as a technology leader.
Is the role a fit for you?
The Associate Director, Voice and AI Professional Services role emphasizes team collaboration, technology strategy and business acumen, as well as functional leadership in your area of expertise. We value leaders with a maker's attitude, collaborative energy, and entrepreneurial spirit. You’ll find fulfillment in the role if you…
- Delight in making things. You thrill at the concept of helping teams deliver a concrete product, not merely a strategy or concept. You have an eye for detail and know how to get the highest performance out of technologists. You’ve got a solid handle on building enterprise web and mobile applications.
- Find passion in learning new things. You relish every opportunity to move things forward with your can-do attitude and you eagerly share your entrepreneurial spark. You like depth, but if you only have time to skim the surface, you can get up to speed quickly and think critically about what you’ve learned.
- Thoroughly enjoy collaborative work and servant leadership. You enjoy knowledge sharing in all directions and you geek out at the chance to improve skills across disciplines for you and your teammates. You genuinely care about what makes people tick, and you’re committed to helping others succeed by putting the team’s needs first.
- You have an interest in making the business work. You’re an entrepreneur at heart. You see technology as a tool that can solve business challenges. You’re willing to wear different hats to move the business forward.
- A college or university degree in a related discipline preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to scope, pitch and close business with enterprise customers.
- Minimum 7 - 10 years industry experience in enterprise web and mobile development with a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated background with voice interfaces (frameworks such as Alexa Skills Kit, Google Dialogflow or MS Bot Framework) or creation of custom Conversational AI
- Ability to travel to meet customers, partners and our community (10-25%).
Performance & Growth Expectations
- Your work as a technology team leader will be measured using our 360-degree system (a combination of peer and supervisor feedback) and through evaluation of responsibility fulfilment.
- Your growth path in your functional domain will be primarily your own responsibility to define, based on what you hope to achieve and how you choose to access the resources available to you.
- Your work will also be measured on the basis of a semi-annual KPI set cooperatively with our leadership team.
Benefits & Perks
- Explore ongoing opportunities for professional development: training, conferences, certifications, and in-house peer mentorship.
- Experiment with new techniques, wear multiple hats, and learn about new disciplines. Our environment is not your average, hierarchical software studio: we emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities.
- Pursue independent projects, explore new ideas, and challenge yourself to become a thought leader in your field with 5 days of dedicated “Awesome time” (self-directed professional development) annually.
- Enjoy a flexible schedule of full-time hours, health/dental benefits and private US coverage.
- Work from a modern, ergonomic space complete with standing/sitting desks and an open-concept social atmosphere.
This role features a competitive base salary; benefits; and a commission-based booking incentive, tied to your book of business; as well as participation in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
We're a software studio with an integrated team of designers and developers. We make smarter interfaces for the world's most influential companies by implementing leading software platforms from Acquia, IBM, and Salesforce to empower your employees and engage your customers. Headquartered in Toronto, with studio presence in Vancouver, San Jose, and Chicago, we're a team of over 100 designers, developers, product managers & enablers hell-bent on making the workplace better.
A Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we work to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.