You will be a critical part of the next wave of Myplanet’s growth. The Industry Analyst role at Myplanet helps us assess the market landscape, prioritize potential technology partners, and negotiate new go-to-market partnerships in a business development capacity. You will also work closely with our Advisory Board of senior C-Level executives based in Boston, San Francisco and London (UK).
This role has previously led the formation of AI partnership such as Google and Amazon, as well as emerging partners such as Finn.ai and ARDA.ai.
Does this describe you? You prefer...
- Crafting the perfect story and very strong communications skills
- You're always following emerging technology announcements, and consider yourself an early adopter of new services and devices
- Collaborating closely with sales representatives and advocates at our partners, including Google, Amazon, IBM and other emerging software vendors in the Voice and AI category
- To set goals and take accountability for their achievement
- Always experimenting with social media, data and technology to engage your partners
You Prefer Not To...
- Shepherd the sales process and develop proposals (this is facilitated by our Client Service team)
- Be responsible for ongoing project delivery (this is facilitated by our Client Service and Engagement Lead teams)
- Advisor Recruiting - Working with the Senior Industry Analyst and the Panel Chair, help Myplanet recruit advisors for Fintech and Retail/ eCommerce advisory panels. Help us find the influencers who know our target market - Gather a prospect list within our target cities and track down who seems to have frequent connections in common with our target technology partners and customers. Reach out to them to establish an exploratory discussion.
- Advisor Onboarding and engagement - Develop and execute on the Myplanet experience that helps the advisors to understand who we are and what Myplanet does. Understand their strengths and aligns those with where Myplanet needs capabilities assistance and market access.
- New Partner Development - Work with the Senior Industry Analyst, analyze and research technology companies within emerging technology domains that are impacting the workplace - ie/ CUI, Fintech, Retail, A/R
- Develop a partnership with the relevant companies using our proprietary GO-STAR model
- Work with them to develop relationships and a joint go-to market strategy (and executing on them)
- Shepherd the initial 2-3 deals with the new partner and once you achieve the relevant deal volume/ revenue target, hand over the relationship to a partner manager
- Continuously work on improving the partner sales model developed by Myplanet
- Advisor engagement - Keep Myplanet top-of-mind for the work we want to do - Maintain a steady supply of engagement tactics to help keep a consistent dialogue that ties to the key Myplanet content themes regarding Smarter Interfaces. Stay up-to-date on industry trends and reading to proactively suggest new ideas for advisor engagement. Co-ordinate requests for warm referrals to partners within the industry.
- Execution on program design - Keep us on-time and on-track - Work closely with the CEO to execute on the program design, contribute ideation on ways to improve the program, and maintain task and activity tracking to ensure the program implementation is on-track.
- Pass qualified leads to our Client Services team so they can complete scoping and proposal activities. Co-ordinate follow-up on warm leads from advisory board members and partners. Verify that Client Services is executing on our desired customer experience and escalate if necessary.
- Program administration - Make sure the back office is running smoothly - Program ROI reporting, as well as collaboration with HR and Finance to ensure travel arrangements, event bookings, schedule coordination, invoice collection, spend reconciliation versus budget, and payment follow-ups on behalf of advisors.
- Deep understanding of and real passion for technology
- Demonstrated ability to understand and sell Voice, Artificial Intelligence or Analytics
- Appreciation for design and its importance in the adoption of new technology
- Can contribute to your team by developing and testing partner marketing assets and sales aids
- Demonstrated research and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience designing and executing joint business plans with partners.
- Strong exhibited Emotional Intelligence and demonstrated steps to cultivate these skills.
- Minimum 3 Years of collaborative business development or partner marketing experience in the technology space.
- Ability to travel to meet customers, partners and our community (25-40%).
This role features a competitive base salary, benefits and commission compensation, as well as participation in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
We're a software studio with an integrated team of designers and developers. We make smarter interfaces for the world's most influential companies by implementing leading software platforms from Acquia, IBM, and Salesforce to empower your employees and engage your customers. Headquartered in Toronto, with studio presence in Vancouver, San Jose, and Chicago, we're a team of over 100 designers, developers, product managers & enablers hell-bent on making the workplace better.
A Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we work to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.